Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In Pacific Blue new and in the box.
A lady was admiring our SSR when my wife and I came out of Costco. She's telling us about her 2006 Pacific Blue she bought new off the showroom floor. Then she says she has the watch and offered to give it to us. Nice lady, I'd like to give her something for it but I have no clue as to it's value if any.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2005 Chevrolet SSR manual transmission
1,148 Posts
i have to go pick it up at her house. I haven't seen it yet but I figured I should give her something for it. I have no clue what it is worth. I'll put up a pic as soon as I can.
I got one with my truck, but it did not function. I got it repaired, battery + something in the circuit board which is a common board. Only the back & face are different as far as I can tell from other watches of the same manufacturer. To see if it was worth fixing I did some research including on the site here & figured it was worth putting about $100 bucks into. Got it fixed for about $40 if I remember & it still works great, however after I got it back I found that I guess because it had been worn a lot, there was some corrosion in the shell. Nothing catastrophic, but if you look you can find it. The whole watch is not stainless. You might want to inspect this watch & let that be a partial determination of what you want to give. At the time I found them on Ebay for as much as $350 in the box & never used. I am like you, I would want to give her something, maybe a gift and not money.

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
i have to go pick it up at her house. I haven't seen it yet but I figured I should give her something for it. I have no clue what it is worth. I'll put up a pic as soon as I can.
The old “coming out of Costco trick, aey?
Watch out it could be a trap!😝😝😝😝😝

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
ROTM 1/2016 - 2006 PacBlues 376 & 29
30,146 Posts
these are the two I have. Right is daily wear and left is dress up. I doubt if I have $100 in both combined but have had them for almost as long as I have had my trucks. I have not seen any that have a color SSR or face, but that does not mean they do not exist.
Watch Analog watch White Light Clock

·
Eat-Breathe-Sleep-SSR's
1,979 Posts
these are the two I have. Right is daily wear and left is dress up. I doubt if I have $100 in both combined but have had them for almost as long as I have had my trucks. I have not seen any that have a color SSR or face, but that does not mean they do not exist.
View attachment 613082
I believe that the watch on the left is the 1st Gen Watch, and the one on the right is the 2nd Gen watch.. I have both as well. The 1st Gen watch is not high quality IMO, the second gen watch is better quality. A good Sieko will out last them. The ladies SSR Watch is a smaller version of the 1 Gen Watch. I believe I paid 150.00 3 or 4 years ago for the pair of men's-ladies.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts