Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how about 2 in the garage.............................the plain Slingshot is a customers that now is in the process of receiving flames......................

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
The hell with that other slingshot yellow SSR, tel me about the Ford I see in the background. when I lived in Denver I started to re-do a '39 Ford Truck "Frame up" Restoration" but ended up moving and lost track of it and the guy that was doing it. Well sh*t happens. So tell me about yours.

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,742 Posts
Dang kroozn!

Do you have to put the top down to get out? You sure can't open the doors! :lol

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
good eyes

Good eyes on spotting the 1931 Model A Deluxe Coupe in the background. It's been a 6 year customer (history) restoration project that has been a blast! My customer is second owner from the early 40's which eventually became his stations truck.....tow, push, haul, etc.........so the fenders and trunk were in very rough shape and the chassis was worn out.

Basically the only items that I didn't replace: frame, main body, body wood(new roof wood), drums, tranny case, torque tube, front axle, rear axle housing, drums and backing plates. A place called Snyder's Antique Auto has become my supplier of choice with excellent service!

Some of the updated features are wide whites, dual side mounts, cowl lamps, rumble seat, 100% correct mohair interior, correct inner tubes with steel valve stems and hardware.

The body is painted Kewanee and Elkpoint Green, black fenders, and the pinstripe and wheels will be Straw color.

It's nearing completion with the final clear next week and then the final assembly this winter.

Later this winter I'll be starting back on my own Model A coupe that's been in the family since 1971....

The only work that I've jobbed out was the engine and rear end rebuild, upholstory, stainless polishing, wheel powder coating, and king pin fitting. The rest I learned how to do, made jigs, and tools...............if a history project would have been this interesting in high school I probably would be a History Professor now...........instead I'm still playing with toys........

I've attached an earlier pic of the A, in primer, when I test fitted everything...

ya always need to take a good look when I post pictures..........never now what might be lurking in the shadows..............

Attachments

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
there's still plenty of room to get out.........I could actually fit 3 cars across before the comperssor was there.......

·
Registered
232 Posts
Yes, 2 ARE better than 1

But they're kind of tight in a standard garage.

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
kroozn said:
how about 2 in the garage.............................the plain Slingshot is a customers that now is in the process of receiving flames......................
Are the flames painted on or are they a film or some type? Do you do the work or do you send it out to be done.

Oh I almost forgot. The twins look great( paternal twins of course).

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
kroozn said:
Good eyes on spotting the 1931 Model A Deluxe Coupe in the background. It's been a 6 year customer (history) restoration project that has been a blast! My customer is second owner from the early 40's which eventually became his stations truck.....tow, push, haul, etc.........so the fenders and trunk were in very rough shape and the chassis was worn out.
I get my "good eye" from mom's side of the family. They always know how to "Snoop" from a distance. LOL

I have three or four boxes full of stuff that came off a pallet, Its all full of Model A and Model T stuff. I even have a box of 8 or 10 lens covers. If memory serves the glass covers are 8" wide, but I guess they could be bigger. I glanced at them just the other day. I have have a full set of Gaskets for a '29 coupe hidden somewhere in the tool shed.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SS My R said:
Are the flames painted on or are they a film or some type? Do you do the work or do you send it out to be done.

Oh I almost forgot. The twins look great( paternal twins of course).
All my flames are hand laid out and then painted with House of Kolor. I do all my own body work and painting, except for hand lettering and pinstriping.........as of this reply I just finished spraying the first round of clear on the 2nd SSR, after wetsanding the pinstriper will come Friday and then clear and buff this weekend....................I'll be posting pics once I catch on some sleep and get this project finished.......

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Focks,
I have most everything for this coupe, but when I get going on our 28 coupe I'll keep your parts in mind......when you have a chance send me an inventory list.........I also have a 26 steel T roadster body that I'm collecting parts for to start on late spring early summer....

thanks,
kroozn

1 - 11 of 11 Posts