Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might be a dumb question but well what is the long aluminium bar that goes from one side to the other in the trunk called? its the one that says maximum 75lbs and 30kg. Ever since i got my ssr, i have been getting this really loud and annoying squeky sound. after i got fed up, i opened up the trunk and thought maybe it might be the bar. so i completely took it off and am left with two loose metal things that are on both sides. I am new to trucks and i really dont know what that is or whats its real purpose. any help would be greatly appreciated since my local GM dealer doesnt even want to touch the car. (we dont get SSRs in this part of the world).

·
SSR Pit Crew
2004 UV
9,315 Posts
Is there a net to go along with it? Sounds like you have the cargo net kit. You can move the bar backward and forward along the side bed rails and hook the cargo net to it...it permits you to carry items without them flying all over the place. Hauling groceries is helpful with this although I use my net without the bar and have installed 2 softside bags as well.

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
artsmart said:
Is there a net to go along with it? Sounds like you have the cargo net kit. You can move the bar backward and forward along the side bed rails and hook the cargo net to it...it permits you to carry items without them flying all over the place. Hauling groceries is helpful with this although I use my net without the bar and have installed 2 softside bags as well.
:agree
Yep thats what that bar is for. The screw rings on the side and on the tail gate is for the net.

Is there any other accessories in your bed. Do you have the carpet or plastic liner. I found my plastic to be loose and had to tighten the nuts. Other then that you might have to go under the bed to see if anything rubbing.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Daij said:
(we dont get SSRs in this part of the world).
And what part might that be? Siberia, Antartica:jester ....on second thought probably not as you did mention having a GM dealership.............:glol

Enjoy your ride..........

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
shintajay said:
:agree
Yep thats what that bar is for. The screw rings on the side and on the tail gate is for the net.

Is there any other accessories in your bed. Do you have the carpet or plastic liner. I found my plastic to be loose and had to tighten the nuts. Other then that you might have to go under the bed to see if anything rubbing.

plastic liner? could you describe it a bit more? i got the tow hitch, the bar, the net and wood/carpet. i didnt notice anything else

frankmp said:
And what part might that be? Siberia, Antartica:jester ....on second thought probably not as you did mention having a GM dealership.............:glol

Enjoy your ride..........

actually if i am not mistaken, the only places where the SSR is available is the U.S and canada. Here is Bahrain there are only 7 in the whole country and in the other gulf country, this car gets imported and are sold for just a bit less then $75,000. The GM dealership here just dont want to touch a car they are not sure of or something along those lines. I dont know why chevy did not release this car worldwide, it would have sold really well.

Thanx for the help everyone. :thumbs
i am left with inch by inch metal that hold the bolts from the bar on both sides. it only slides forward and backward but close to impossible to take them off completely. i will take it for a drive and see if i still get the sqeeky noise from the rear again.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
There are plastic clips on the ends of the RAILS on the top sides of the cargo walls. Gently remove those end clips and rotate the bar out the ends. I bought several tie downs and put them in the rails and use the bar with the cargo net. It is impossible to use the mounted storage boxes and the bar, so you should have one or the other. good luck.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Daij said:
plastic liner? could you describe it a bit more? i got the tow hitch, the bar, the net and wood/carpet. i didnt notice anything else

The cargo compartment came with two levels of trim - If you have carpet/woodgrained strips, that is an upgrade from a stiff plastic bedliner. Bahrain? Heard Michael Jackson is looking for work there - you should export him and import more SSR's!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts