Chevy SSR Forum banner

What's the best discount?

5K views 65 replies 23 participants last post by  Marc NY 
G
#1 ·
I'm going to make an end of the month offer on a SSR. This dealer is overloaded with them (nine unsold for months).
So what would be the best deal I could expect. Any major invoice difference between 1SA and 1SB?
I'm thinking of offering $7940 off MSRP. Why beacuse I'd seen that figure from a dealer who posts here.
Any help...I really hate to pay too much...I almost paid 10k over in 03.
Thanks,

G
#3 ·
You're Right There's Going To Be A New Program Come Out Tomorrow About
Discounts. Will Post When I See It In Print But Wholesale Staff Have Advised
That It's Coming. Should Related To Employee Discount For Everyone

#6 ·
Customer Discount

Here it is. Anyone in the entire world can now purchase a GM vehicle just as if they were a GM employee. All GM dealerships have been sent new MSRP stickers to be posted alonside the factory sticker. This new sticker will show you what the MSRP, (sticker price) was, and the GMS, (employee pricing ) is, plus all applicable rebates that are available at this time. Depending on the vehicle you are interested in, this could save you between $2,000.00 to $10,000.00 before tax, license and documentation fees. GM has started this program to thin inventory and keep the hourly workers employed. (Keep the factories open). This program applies to all GM vehicles except the Corvette, the Cadillac XLR and the 2006 Hummer H3. If you have any questiobns, contact your local GM dealer.
Mike :cool
Semper Fi

G
#8 ·
At GMS...they still must have room!

I waited after hearing about the upcoming GMS employee discounts.
I have a friend who gets the GMS pricing. The dealer is still happy...and that to me means "even more room for discount."
My friend had given me a "suppier" discount (GM in driveway) certificate but it was only about 2k off. The employee discount was better.
I'm going buy a dealer today to see what the sticker says. I hate to be such a "cheapie" but every dime I get off is depreciation I don't take.
This might anger some but my hope is: big discount, and (like the new t-bird, and prowler) GM stops making the SSR. We all end up with classics...
Anyone have a clue how much a dealer makes on GMS pricing???

#12 ·
Shoulda woulda coulda

Dont' be a "wish I'd done that" type of person, I agree with the above, make your best deal, shop around, and get what you want!
It's going to be less sooner or later anyway, why keep waiting? It's such a pleasure to drive the SSR you won't have any regrets, even if you "could of" saved some money a month later!

GR

#13 ·
More Discount

Redtoes,
There isn't any more discount. THESE PRICES ARE BELOW DEALER COST. Some people just don't get it. We are over stocked, so lets throw everything out, let the customers have whatever they want, also give them the rebates, but of course that not good enough, there has to be more. Some of you people kill me. Good luck in your search for MORE!!!!
Semper Fi

#14 ·
Additional Note

Redtoes,
When a Deler sells a car or truck at GMS price, they are selling it below Dealer invoice. They are then re-imbursed for that amount below the dealer cost. The Dealer also has what we call hold back money. This is paid from the factory for flooring cost, electricity, mechanics, expenses, ect. I suppose you want that mony too. If you take enough, you just might have the pleasure of driving your local Dealer out of business.
If I sound bitter, I AM. There are a lot of people on the site who want something for nothing, and I get a little tired of it. If you can't afford this fine vehicle, go buy a Ford. Oh, and have a nice day.
Semper Fi

#16 ·
kwhopper89 said:
The GM and Chevrolet sites have the 'calculator' so you can see the employee discount price. 2005 SSR 1sb = $41,157.28 - MSRP is: $45,180.00...

Don't you mean

2005 SSR 1sb Employee Discounted Price= $45,180.00- MSRP is: 41,157.28 ?

:seeya E :seeya

Orange SSR :ssr

P.S. I think the best deal is one inwhich everyone is satisfied. If I buy something from someone and they are not satified with their price then getting good service from them is always a struggle. Similarly, if I pay more than I think I should I am never satisfied and sorry that I didn't negotiate better. In the end everyone has to be satisfied or they won't be in business. I won't go to someone who's price is too high and a person won't stay in business if they can not make the money they need.

#17 ·
:nono Mike, that's not a very nice attitude on redtoes inquiry. He just wants the best price he can get on the product he wants to buy, just like YOU do when you are buying something. Put yourself in his red toed shoes. You and I both know that there are dealers selling brand new 05's for $8,000-10,000 off of sticker. Why tell the guy that the GMS price is the best price that he can get. When I got my 05 in December of last year, I paid $2,500 under the GMS price. And now, they are selling for 4 or 5 thousand less. At this point I don't care because I am enjoying the hell out of the vehicle and intend to keep it for a good long time.
So, at this point, the price I paid for it in December does not matter to me. But you know damn well, that if I was buying it today, I would get the extra 4 or 5 thousnd off.

Best Regards,
Sarasota Joe

#21 ·
I agree

Mike,
I understand exactly how you feel. I have been in this crazy business for over 30 years, but some people will never get it. There are so many messed up ideas out there about the cost, and what is a fair price to pay, and I understand all of that. We in the car business sometimes have to just step back and laugh. Sometimes people get so over educated that they become idiots. The term I use is Educated Derelects. But there is no point in trying to get them to see our point of view. It won't happen. In there minds, we are the car people (bad), they are the comsuner (good). What they forget is that when we are not at work, Guess What, we turn into a consumer also. And guess what, People, We want the best deal too. I have found that the best deal is more of a Feeling than a Price. My customers have told me that over and over. Hey, Mike, relax they are not all in the car business like you and I are.
steve

#22 ·
So with the new discount msrp would be 50405 and the discounted price would be 45339 included is:

cargo compartment trim
windbreak
floor mats
side saddle storage
chrome wheels
body colored running boards
1sb
towing package w/ hitch (I assume)
cargo netting

Is this a good price??

#24 ·
Best Price

Joe Schuhrieman,
Contrary to popular belief, we are selling these vehicles. I have sold two in the past week, and those were the only ones I had. And we didn't blow them out with a major discount. Contrary to what people might think, these are not distressed merchidise. They are a great truck, that my last customer said, "Its like owning a street rod, with a lot more class and and great tecnology". So for those looking for a graet deal, I wish you the best of luck in your search, and for those who already have one, enjoy the ride, and keep a smile on your face. You truly deserve it.

PS: To steve, thanks for the reply, I could not have said it any better, and I'm always relaxed.
Semper Fi

#25 ·
So Lets ALL hear MORE ... OK?

Joe Schuhriemen said:
:nono Mike, that's not a very nice attitude on redtoes inquiry. He just wants the best price he can get on the product he wants to buy, just like YOU do when you are buying something. Put yourself in his red toed shoes. You and I both know that there are dealers selling brand new 05's for $8,000-10,000 off of sticker. Excuse me? How can you get one brand new for $10,000 off MSRP? Are you adding GM Card money? Rebates? Why tell the guy that the GMS price is the best price that he can get. It is the best price... again if there are any other rebates then they would also apply to GMS too! When I got my 05 in December of last year, I paid $2,500 under the GMS price. Please tell me what you did to get $2,500 under GMS price? Did you buy a PEP or one that was used but never registered? i.e. used as a GM curtesy vehicle at a race track???? can you get it for And now, they are selling for 4 or 5 thousand less. At this point I don't care because I am enjoying the hell out of the vehicle and intend to keep it for a good long time.
So, at this point, the price I paid for it in December does not matter to me. But you know damn well, that if I was buying it today, I would get the extra 4 or 5 thousnd off. I think you should share with us your great deals you think you can get it for an extra 4 or 5 K off... You are certainly leaving some info out why????

Best Regards,
Sarasota Joe
Again... I know we all would be interested in hearing the "FULL" details... in your better than GMS prices? :confused

#26 ·
Best Price

Mark,
I try to be civil, but when I read some of this outlandish rabble, it gets the old blood boiling. (This is why the doctor has me on blood pressure meds :lol :lol )
Having worked for mother motors for many years, I know what we can and can't do. If we keep giving money away like these people expect, we might as well close down. And for the life of me, I just can't figure out who is giving away all this money. So far I've heard where someone has gotten anywhere from $10,000.00 to $15,000.00 off on a new vehicle (05), and then there was more money to give away. If I really wanted to be crass, I say something about what the person was smoking, but I'll refrain from my Marine Corps ways. The only thing I can think about this thread is that it is a bad dream, and I will wake up????? Nope, still awake. Good luck to all those who dream those wonderful dreams.
Semper Fi

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.