Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there is a TSB on this and one of mine is spinning. Do they just replace them or do they glue them somehow?

·
Growing Older but Not Up
1,350 Posts
IllinoisSSR said:
I know there is a TSB on this and one of mine is spinning. Do they just replace them or do they glue them somehow?
Remove them, place a piece of electrical tape on opposite sides of the cover where they snap in, each piece about two inches long. There is an illustation in some thread, but I couldn't find it. Easy fix.

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
Hub Cap Tape

GM has a repair kit available but could only have the service dept apply it. The kit is made up of 8 pieces of tape, two per cap, applied 180 deg apart.

When first installed it worked great. But now my front caps will move out of place in a couple of blocks of driving. This weekend I'm going to use electrical bi-seal type type to see if that works.

·
Registered
579 Posts
IllinoisSSR said:
IllinoisSSR,

Skip2004 is correct. Go to your GM service department and they will look up the TSB. GM sends the service department a kit of tape. The tape stops the covers from spinning.

Now, if you get a flat and have to remove and replace the covers you may need to replace the tape in which case you will have the problem again.

GM really does need to come up with a permenant solution. Little stuff like this is just so annoying. Also, fixing it with tape is really hoaky.

:seeya E :seeya

Orange SSR :ssr

1 - 5 of 5 Posts