Me: 4 months, 5 thousand miles.

:lol
You must enjoy living on the edge.

·
Enjoying life as it comes
5,201 Posts
12 years, 30,000 miles

and still counting.

One of my off road trucks with 44" gumbo mudders. Looks like a 16 penny nail. It does have a slow leak, but there's no way to get a tire plug through that much of the monster lug.

Tried to plug one once and bent all the tools, so that time we put some glue one the nail and put it back in. Seamed to work. Don't know where that tire is now.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Actually, there were THREE nails in one of the tires I replaced about a month ago. How long they were there is any bodys guess.

·
Premium Member
2,133 Posts
I drove 1 week with 28 screws and nails spread over 4 tires in my Jeep. It was last winter and I went to work in the dark and got home in the dark. The Jeep had 31 inch mud tires that made a lot of road noise. It wasn't until Saturday while i was washing it that I noticed the "newly aquired studs" . The tires never went flat, but the Discount Tire guys were truly amazed.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I heard a "pop"

In my heart I knew what that sound was. Went about a mile and a half and heard another.... floppy sound. I knew what that was as well. I wanted to swear like a wounded you know what, but my wife was along. SSRs should have run flats.

Skip

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Those were some amazing nail stories.

I've only had 3 nails in tires....one in my brand new Z28 and 2 in my brand new SSR. So that's one in the first vehicle I ever bought and 2 in the last vehicle I ever bought ..... do you think I can drive my SSR for another 30 years?

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
IllinoisSSR said:
Im sorry, why o why would anyone drive on any tire knowing there is a nail or nails in it?? Its simply UNSAFE.
The experts here at SSRFanatic said it was the air nozzle!

:lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts