Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '05 console has two small pieces of plastic attached to it, one on each side.
The one on the passenger side holds the second (fold out) cup holder.
What the heck is the one on the driver's side for??? The cup holder won't fit into it, and I'm not aware of any other accesories. The owners manual doesn't have any information about this little mysterious plastic slot type "thing". Anybody know what this thing is for? :confused

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Use'ta be, both cupholder mounts were like the one on the left, but the passenger seat when moved forward it would bear against the cupholder, sometimes breaking it off. Chevy revised the console to prevent this, and produced the modified cupholder to match.

You can buy an old model cupholder to use on the left.

Edit: BTW the left side can be broken too. It's just that no one ever uses a cupholder there because your right leg bangs into it.

·
Registered
288 Posts
My console was damaged by the dealer (a big scratch) and is going in for replacement on Thursday. Do you think I will get the new style? :cool :cool

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
new or old?

Hard to say. I'd kind of expect so, but there is no garantee. I still have the original and have learned to be careful moving the seats up. It would bother me more to get the new cause then I'd have to buy a new cupholder for the right.

·
Registered
288 Posts
It goes in on Friday so I will let you know. :cool :cool

·
Registered
42 Posts
On the test drive of Roxy, the salesman broke the cup holder slide on the passenger side :lol
Had her in earlier this week and the console side had the cup holder slide glued on sideways (horizontal insted of vertacal) from the FACTORY! :smash

Needless to say they have ordered another one and will be replacing it next week. My guess is that it will be the new style slide and they WILL supply me with the proper cup holder. :boxing

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks

Thanks Guys,
Now I think I have more information than I wanted.

This is certainly the MOST informative site I have ever seen!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Motoring,

Paul :cool

·
Registered
62 Posts
cup thing

Mine has two hangers...one each side. I bought a second cup holder. Don't keep it there always but when I want it it is handy.

ESP

1 - 8 of 8 Posts