Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd start a thread that would allow owners to list their major complaints against the beautiful, fun-filled Chebbie SSR. Here's mine.
1. SEATS - driver's side too narrow at the bottom. :mad
2. Seat control - not enough room to manage it. :rant
3. No satelite radio! - factory should have offered it :rolleyes:
4. Power - rather the lack of it! :cuss
5. I only have one of them! :glol

·
Registered
277 Posts
zainossr said:
Thought I'd start a thread that would allow owners to list their major complaints against the beautiful, fun-filled Chebbie SSR. Here's mine.
1. SEATS - driver's side too narrow at the bottom. :mad
2. Seat control - not enough room to manage it. :rant
3. No satelite radio! - factory should have offered it :rolleyes:
4. Power - rather the lack of it! :cuss
5. I only have one of them! :glol
You missed one... If that's your personal avatar, I'd say the installation of the front license.

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
1. My seat is just fine.
2. I only have to mess with the seat control when I let my husband drive..... So I stopped that right away!
3. Radio, smadio Play all 6 CD's over and over and over...
4. I think it is pretty powerful but I am not a gear head like all of you guys.
5. I agree, there is still room in the garage for another.... hee heeehee
Sorry I just can't find anything to complain about. Now ask me about my kids. :boxing :banghead

R

·
0 Posts
No Beef here

I have no complaints, I love my truck more each day. I cannot imagine ever feeling like I am driving an "ordinary" vehicle when I am behind the wheel of my SSR.

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep! That's mine.

Fred Edick said:
You missed one... If that's your personal avatar, I'd say the installation of the front license.
Yes, but that is not GM's fault; that is the stupid Texas law! :reddevil

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
You only live once and you can't drive the SSR when your gone. Hey Don, I moved mine under the front of the truck. So Technically it is still on front. But then you would have to fill holes.

·
Premium Member
3,486 Posts
The only complaint i have is the lack of power. But i am a magnacharger dealer and talked to them today and the say they are going to start production of the ssr supercharger on 4/22 and should have mine to me in about a week from then. Then hopfully that problem will be solved. Also i have two ssrs in my garage, my wife wanted one to.

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
wildcat66 said:
1. My seat is just fine.
2. I only have to mess with the seat control when I let my husband drive..... So I stopped that right away!
3. Radio, smadio Play all 6 CD's over and over and over...
4. I think it is pretty powerful but I am not a gear head like all of you guys.
5. I agree, there is still room in the garage for another.... hee heeehee
Sorry I just can't find anything to complain about. Now ask me about my kids. :boxing :banghead
I have an MP3 player - big hard drive - so far have 50 cd's on it. For $30 - I bought a transmitter - plugs into the headphone jack - it broadcasts directly to the radio. Almost no- :thumbs limit music.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Is GM listening?

OK here goes... we've had ours since October.
1: The seat controls
2: The DIC is hard to see and doesn't show enough. Refer to the C5.
3: How about "automatic temp control" like everything else in the price range.
4: The cargo net is worthless. Get someone to "engineer" it.
5: Power "pull down" for the hatch.
6: General "cheap" interior.
7: Everything in the market has "polished" wheels.
8: It should have had a Corvette engine.
9: Needs "run flats" or a spare. (My wife still doesn't know!)

All in all, it's still a hand made toy. We knew that going in so what's there to really complain about. We just press the button and entertain the crowds....
Will we buy another one??? Why??? It's last years fun. Bring on the C6. From now on, who will know the difference between the latest version and the original "show stopper" 2003! Let's face it, the only visible differentiation from here on out will be the color availability. Who will know what's under the hood?

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
Beefs

Very few. Seat is fine. I don't have to adjust it because no one drives it but me. Radio reception is lousy. Plenty of power for me. I could burn the tires up and get plenty of tickets just the way it is if I wanted to. I don't plan to race it anyway.

·
Registered
180 Posts
My largest beef is one I really miss, just add a simple read out for the outside temp! I have had this on my 98 Vette and my 04 Prius. I really miss this feature! :flag

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Don't get mad at me but........ Can't we tell what the temp is outside? Are we so spoiled that we need this. Yes I miss my compass because sometimes I needed it to find my way home. But these are such small matters compared to the joy this vehicle gives us. Some have said it has given them even more pleasure than any other car they have had. I truly love my truck even with all it is lacking. I love it more because my husband bought it for me just because he loves me enough to want to see me this happy with something of my very own.
I doubt that I will get tired of it ever. no matter what the next year model has or looks like.
Life truly is to short.

C

·
0 Posts
Someone above mentioned automatic climate control. I hate those things. It is perfect the way it is. Simple, and classic looking. If I want it warmer or cooler I simply turn a knob...not fight with programming a computer :boxing
I feel like the SSR is just about perfect.
My only gripe is that I cant have two or three of them :thumbs

T

·
0 Posts
Wish it had heads up display
like my previous Corvette.

Other than that my 3 weeks
of ownership has been FUN!

·
Las Vegas Mob
1,334 Posts
My only complaint after ONE whole day of ownership: It could potentially be embarrassing to drive something that looks like this - and still get beat at the light by a rice rocket! I had every intention of holding off my purchase until the 6.0L came out - but I got impatient! :)

1 - 20 of 71 Posts