Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has done anything to dress up their chrome wheels? I have the center caps off and thinking I may take the opportunity to add some.color to the wheels.

Anyone done anything that they want to share pictures of?? ?

·
Premium Member
5,879 Posts
I installed rimblades on my wheels. can't post pictures from my mobile phone, when I get home on Sunday I'll be glad to put some pictures up for you. go on the internet and look up rimblades and you'll be able to see what's available.

·
Georgia SSRers
1,008 Posts
rimblades

I installed rimblades on my wheels. can't post pictures from my mobile phone, when I get home on Sunday I'll be glad to put some pictures up for you. go on the internet and look up rimblades and you'll be able to see what's available.
I have RIMBLADES on both my Rs.
put on with 3M sticky tape.
Works well on regular rims...
But NOT so well on CHROME...I had to use Super Glue GEL to keep them on.

I know I had pictures of them but can't seem to find them now...SORRY...:crying:

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,051 Posts
:smile2:

Those look great, but looks like a nightmare to have masked off all the front side of the wheels in prep for painting the back sides. Also, how difficult is it to keep the backsides cleaned up.:surprise:
I heard some one on the site said they did the masking tape and spray routine and said it was a nightmare so I cheated. I figured you can't see the rear part of the wheel very good so just took the wheels off cleaned the back side and wet sanded them. Dried them well and taped the inside edge only. Then found a paint that matched very closely to the Slingshot Yellow at Menards. Painted the wheels with yellow tractor enamel, I bought at Menards, 3 coats. Been good and very durable for three years now.

As to the cleaning. I use a soapy rag and water spray. I can get my hand in between the spokes and do it from the outside. Dry them and hit them with Top Coat F-11. takes just a few minutes a wheel. If yo laid on the ground and looked I suppose you might see a little dust or water spots but from a standing position a few feet from wheel they look perfect.

Reactions: shakatak

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,383 Posts
. Painted the wheels with yellow tractor enamel, I bought at Menards, 3 coats. Been good and very durable for three years now.
SO, can I assume you brushed------or sprayed??

Nick

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,051 Posts
Reactions: nj6969

·
Super Moderator
13,943 Posts
I hate to see anything done to the OEM chrome wheels themselves, but of course, it isn't mine
I don't think you can do anything to improve on the OEM appearance, but if they have been curbed or in poor condition, different matter
Chrome caps are so tough to replace, so I would avoid them

·
Premium Member
5,879 Posts
Photos of my wheel bling. Gray area painted and Rimblades installed. cleaned and coated once a year with Pinnacle Diamond Wheel Coating.
I like the red Rimblades. I think red would look good on any color SSR. Reminds me of a "red line" Hot Wheels car.
I agree. But you are going to here it from the SLINGSHOT owners about putting Red on their yellow truck. LOL

1 - 17 of 17 Posts