Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lost the chrome right rear wheel spinner, don’t know if it was stolen or just fell off. GM Dealer wanted $93.00 for a replacement. I will probably look for an after market set, I found one site that will sell all 4 for $ 75.00, unfortunately they have no bow-tie in the center.

Have any of you fanatics out there taken special steps to keep the center caps on?

·
Carolina Fanatic
7,421 Posts
My center bowtie cap moves off its mark. Grandma's crowd found the problem while we were at the Hot Air Balloon race in October.
The spring under the cap that helps keep the tension tight had snapped. I have it super glued but not sure how long that will hold.
Anyone have a better fix or replacement part for that tension spring?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Have not done anything but after a flat fix all looked well. I just for no reason pushed on the center cap and to my surprise it then "clicked" into place. It was not locked in and in a short distance probably would have fallen off. In my opinion yours probably fell off, especially on rough road breaks or after some tire work. They truly are not a positive locking item. Greetings, Rob

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,188 Posts
Yup, they can be problem.

Be sure you put them on right.

Back of cap, there is an arrow or valve stem on the cap, that points to the valve stem on tire.

Use a little silicone caulk if it is moving. Keeps it in place but still easy to remove.

Dicktator

·
Carolina Fanatic
7,421 Posts
Yup, they can be problem.

Be sure you put them on right.

Back of cap, there is an arrow or valve stem on the cap, that points to the valve stem on tire.

Use a little silicone caulk if it is moving. Keeps it in place but still easy to remove.

Dicktator
I didn't know about the "arrow" ~ Thank you

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Lost the chrome right rear wheel spinner, don’t know if it was stolen or just fell off. GM Dealer wanted $93.00 for a replacement. I will probably look for an after market set, I found one site that will sell all 4 for $ 75.00, unfortunately they have no bow-tie in the center.

Have any of you fanatics out there taken special steps to keep the center caps on?
PART# 12451802 IS REAR CHROME CAP LIST $103.68 SELL $67.29ea.
PART# 12451801 IS FRONT CHROME CAP LIST $100.14 SELL $64.99ea.
I HAVE THEM IN STOCK.

·
SSR Design Studio
654 Posts
aftermarket caps

I bought chromed one off E-bay, no bowtie, for $10 + $5 S&H
Looks great BUT plastic is less durable than that of OEM's.
The back tabs broke the first or second time I removed the cap.
It also sits too deep in the hole, so the alignment with the rim's spokes is not too good either.
Cheap Chineese junk, why do we keep buying it?

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have a brand new OEM GM CHROME REAR CENTER CAP if you want it, $80. is what it cost me. If you want, I will send it to you. PM me.

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks all for the info I will definitely use some silicon and I didn’t know about the arrow. PM sent to RSSRTOY.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts