'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,735 Posts
Good luck---before and after pics??!!??

Nick

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Heading out this morning with a neighbor driving the R. going to get my front wheel straighten up. Wish me luck.
Mike
Well I'm back home, and the wheel in question was good. The Tec put the wheel on a spin balancer first and it tracked straight as an arrow. He shoed me when it was on the machine, but he informed me there was corrosion on the inner part of the wheel. I had him grind it off and mount and balance the tire. My spare wheel has the same corrosion on it too. Some day I will have the other three checked. It must be the flat spots my tires get from sitting, because the truck has a slight shimmy.
Does anyone know what would cause my R to have a slight miss and the exhaust stinks? I put new plugs and plug wires on it a couple of months ago. When out on RT 192 in Kissimmee a Redline SSR past by my Redline, what are the odds
Mike

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
3,465 Posts
I would first check codes to see if there are any showing and go from there.

·
Registered
151 Posts
What's the mileage on your SSr. I am coming up on 200k and codes showed the 4 of the 8 "coils" were going bad.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What's the mileage on your SSr. I am coming up on 200k and codes showed the 4 of the 8 "coils" were going bad.
It has a little over 37,000 miles on it. I will have to bring it to someone, or some garage to scan to see what codes show up. I also have a Freon leak. My grandson added Freon to it about 2-3 months ago.
Mike

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
1Redline05,
To help lessen flat spots on tires an old friend of mine told me to park the vehicle on squares of carpet. This won't prevent them but does lessen the flat spots. I have 3 cars parked more than driven, all parked on concrete floors and they are all on carpet squares. Takes me back to my 71 Mustang Fastback with N50 x 15 Mickey Thompson tires on the back. In the summer mornings I'd back out of the driveway to go to work and the darn car would actually toss your head back and forth left to right till the tires warmed up!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1Redline05,
To help lessen flat spots on tires an old friend of mine told me to park the vehicle on squares of carpet. This won't prevent them but does lessen the flat spots. I have 3 cars parked more than driven, all parked on concrete floors and they are all on carpet squares. Takes me back to my 71 Mustang Fastback with N50 x 15 Mickey Thompson tires on the back. In the summer mornings I'd back out of the driveway to go to work and the darn car would actually toss your head back and forth left to right till the tires warmed up!
I park my R on those half moon parking blocks, these are supposedly to stop your car or truck from getting flat spots. The ones I have are the hard yellow plastic ones, they don't work.
Mike

·
Registered
2005 Smokin Asphalt
9 Posts
Wow, 1Redline 05, your story is just like mine. I took my truck out for a ride and at 50-55 mph it had a bad shimmy.
I had it checked out because my tires were not holding air, they said some rust had started on the inside of the rim, and the tires were out of round due to flat spots. I put new radials on and problem solved.
I also had a problem with the engine running rough, turns out #5 cylinder was not firing. New plug wires fixed that.

·
Premium Member
2005 Chevy SSR
924 Posts
Well I'm back home, and the wheel in question was good. The Tec put the wheel on a spin balancer first and it tracked straight as an arrow. He shoed me when it was on the machine, but he informed me there was corrosion on the inner part of the wheel. I had him grind it off and mount and balance the tire. My spare wheel has the same corrosion on it too. Some day I will have the other three checked. It must be the flat spots my tires get from sitting, because the truck has a slight shimmy.
Does anyone know what would cause my R to have a slight miss and the exhaust stinks? I put new plugs and plug wires on it a couple of months ago. When out on RT 192 in Kissimmee a Redline SSR past by my Redline, what are the odds
Mike
I had the same issue with the smell and I had to change upper oxygen sensors.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Slight miss when?
Idle? Down the road?
I have a GM Tech 2 scanner that can check the SSR...and I was a GM / ACDelco trainer, for the aftermarket shops..
Idle miss, most likely injector spray pattern, from carbon build up, down the road running is likely the O2(s) screwed.. IE slow response, lean then rich...
I live North of Micky Mouse, in Sorrento...

"Dr" Phil

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Slight miss when?
Idle? Down the road?
I have a GM Tech 2 scanner that can check the SSR...and I was a GM / ACDelco trainer, for the aftermarket shops..
Idle miss, most likely injector spray pattern, from carbon build up, down the road running is likely the O2(s) screwed.. IE slow response, lean then rich...
I live North of Micky Mouse, in Sorrento...

"Dr" Phil
At Idle.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts