Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Tech Support/Research
1,686 Posts
Boyd Coddington Wheels

Yes, those are Boyd Coddington polished aluminum wheels. For SSRs the fronts were available in 18x8 and the rears in 20x10. When I ran these years ago I used P255/55R18 tires on the front and P295/40R20 on the rear. I don't know if these wheels are still available in sizes to fit the SSR, but they were back in 2005.

Note that these are uncoated aluminum and require more maintenance than a clear coated wheel, but they really shine when polished.

Note also that if you find a used set for sale, make sure the Coddington splined lug nuts and installation/removal sockets are included.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
13,943 Posts
Really rare for me to like aftermarket wheels on the SSR, but I really like these
I am sure they are from #5B118104 - Wildcat69
Not sure why, but I can't upload pictures - oops they showed up! HaHa!
They are Boyd Coddington - gorgeous wheels!

I like Snomuncher #1 which I think are these but sort of hate #2

I think I prefer them in the satin finish which is a bit weird (polished aluminium?)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Boyd's son Chris took over the wheel business after Boyd died. I have purchased several sets of wheels from him and been very happy - he answers his own phone, and if he says the wheels will be at your door in 4 weeks they are. His "Cast Series" is reasonable, just get all your measurements together and have them custom made - pretty sure the ones you are looking at are the Smoothie.

Cast Series « Hot Rods by Boyd - the Original Boyd Coddington Wheels Est. 1978

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
1,920 Posts
I went I Boyd Coddington wheels website. There are two wheels that are similar to these so I inquired which were available in 20x8 and 20x10 with proper BS and bolt pattern.
Gena replied, 20x8.5 and 20x10 Pro-Rod (8”) not available
$945 each! Free shipping but a flat $24.95 boxing Fee.
Start saving your pocket change!!
http://boydcoddingtonwheels.com/wheel/7899/boyd-coddington-pro-rod
Greg

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
1,920 Posts
Coddington has several wheels they can make in the 6x5 lug pattern but widths and diameters availability varies.
Best to contact them after picking out a favorite providing the dia, width and BS needed and get a quote.
After talking to a rep on the phone they can do many custom wheels to fit but they are going to run $750 - $1500+ each.
They said 8" width only comes in 18" and below. They don't have 19" and 20" width are 8.5" and up. They can do just about any BS limited by the wheel design and several styles are available in 6 lug pattern. Best to call them to discuss or you'll get frustrated back and forth sending e-mails, they take several days to respond to email.
Too rich for my wallet!
Greg

·
Premium Member
2,215 Posts
:smile2:

If you you do not need the name (Coddington) to be attached to whatever wheels you want or like, there may be choices here that might do the trick.

Check out Wheelpros.com. They have a number of 6 lug wheels and some might work on the SSR.:|

1 - 15 of 15 Posts