Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Georgia SSRers
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will all you guys that have after-market wheels on your R please post a picture.
A good clear picture of your wheels and include make and price, PLEASE.
I can't post a pix since I only have STOCK wheels....
:crying:
I am considering changing THAT !....PLEASE HELP !

·
Premium Member
2,183 Posts
Here's mine - 20" all around, just different tire sizes from front to rear. I suggest whatever wheel you buy, that you buy 5 wheels + spare center caps just encase they go out of production. I also included a super-sized wheel for comparison!!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,768 Posts
Boyd Coddington bought used don't know if you can even find them...got a great deal had to go to Kansas City ahead of a snowstorm. A fanantic had shared a Craigslist add of someone who had sold a SSR . Tires and wheels were in very good condition 18 on the front ..one inch lower than stock really helps my lowered look

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,545 Posts
Here's mine - 20" all around, just different tire sizes from front to rear. I suggest whatever wheel you buy, that you buy 5 wheels + spare center caps just encase they go out of production. I also included a super-sized wheel for comparison!!!
Nice Looking Wheel. But what is it?

·
Premium Member
2,183 Posts
Milanni Six Shooter style 183
made by:

Vision Wheel
East Coast Division
3512-B 6th Avenue SE
Decatur, Alabama 35603
Toll Free: 1-800-542-3998
1-800-633-3936
Local: 1-256-351-2459

·
Georgia SSRers
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks, those look great !
No brand or price ?
I have never seen a "continental kit" on an R

My spare is under the rear, kit from MIKE at simple eng.

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,830 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,382 Posts
Mine are 19 x 8 and 20 x 10. The wheels were manufactured for me by Colorado Customs. They charged me regular production costs, which was about $3600. I agreed to a deal with them that I would supply photos, and they could use my truck on their online site, and their catalog. I supplied photos of the wheels on my yellow 03, and on my 06, but they never went ahead with making the wheel available to other SSR owners.

A set of one-off wheels can run between $10K and $15K.

These were originally a prototype I saw at SEMA, and were only available in a 5 spoke 5 bolt. It took several emails with drawings to finally settle on a design that incorporated 5 spokes on a 6 bolt hub.

For what it's worth, I would have no interest in any chrome wheel. A polished wheel just has a bit of an attitude, even though it takes a lot more work to maintain them.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 33 Posts