Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
RED SLED
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, here's my story. I had an issue with the top binding on the SSR and Mike in AZ helped me work around that problem by replacing the hinges since I had the early versions. The top now does go up and down beautifully, except for one thing.

The panel that has the latch hooks on it for that final stage doesn't go down all the way. It's not a lot, but you can see it's just not seating down on the weather striping. Before the hinges were replaced when I took the truck over to Mike, he explained that upon initial action of raising the top you hear the two clicks from the latches releasing. It has never made that noise since the latches were installed (by me). I have tried adjusting over and over hook parts attached to the panel that the latch slides in to to secure it but it still wont seat down all the way and no clicking at all is heard.

Any suggestions on what I might look for or if any of you are familiar with this type of situation and can send me down the proper road :)

Thank you all in advance for your responses!

S2NAZ :ssr

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,007 Posts
With the top up, reach into the roof storage compartment, just behind the seat where the hinges disappear into the compartment. Once your hand is in there, find the roller that locks the lid shut. It should be nested all the way into the fork on each side.

Another way to know is....... When you put the top up, you will get a ding when the roof is fully completed and then the windows will go up...... Does this happen?

Mike

·
RED SLED
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It does the chime and the windows do go up. It just doesn't do the "click" think like it used to when it's released and that section I described isn't really seated against the weatherstrip when closed.

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,534 Posts
Your latches are out of adjustment. Mine don't "click" never did.

Like Mike said reach in behind seat into roof compartment and "feel" to see if latch bracket is "all" the way.

Open roof cover, loosen bracket bolts (10mm) on roof cover bracket, now snug bolts but not tight.

Close roof cover and let system latch roof cover. now open roof cover and tighten latch bracket bolts.

Lots of roof information on SSR How to Library:

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=3EF39D9F5ADCE5E5!853&cid=3EF39D9F5ADCE5E5

Dicktator

Attachments

·
RED SLED
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You guys rock! That adjustment check and brief instruction did the trick. The lid sits perfectly now and the latch click release noise is back again! Thank You!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts