Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Premium Member
2004 custom Paint and trim , ROTM winner #2, Previous owned R’s, 2006 #1 of 8 2 tone & 2005 silver
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking down the posts on the forum there are so many new names. Where are us old timers at. I amit I don’t post as often as before but I just don’t see the names I’ve been so familiar with posting either. If you are a old-timer on this forum check in here. Say hi and any update you like to share. I do miss you all.
Doug

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
Hi to all--- new/old timers...joined in 2006....
We made so many friends... never regretted any rally,
always fun times...
The SSR bought us to places we would of never visited,
too numerous to mention...Jiminy1(136,000) is still my frequent ride
and not slowing down as I am...not sure if i'll made anymore
rally's but not ruling it out....Beware Doug I promised you a
visit...even if its only to get "WILBUR BUDS." 😇
Regards to all,
Marie and Jimmy
THE CRICKETS jiminy.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,804 Posts
:unsure:
Well, perhaps you now are like some of us that joined in more recent years in the fact that many of us are all now getting a lot of milage and our runway of life has become a shorter trip to the end of the tarmac.

I know it might pizzes you off, but my long gone Mom as a long time grade school/junior high teacher would not let it go.

This phrase, does not need the last word you put into it. The intent of the sentence was totally and completely covered without that last word.

"Where are us old timers at. "

·
Two Tone Owner
2004 Red & White ROTM-Scranton,Pa.
2,850 Posts
Hi, member since May 2009. On my 2nd R. 1st one wrecked, not my fault.
I could not own an R without belonging to the Fanatics.
The help and friendship are great.
Many problem solved on this forum.
Also party’s, rally’s, and tech sessions.
Great group of people!
Walter
B883A33E-71EC-40DC-A120-E6E95074489A.jpeg

·
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
2,022 Posts
You are correct Doug, we miss the "old" members too. There are more new members this past year than ever before.
Linda and I have been on quite a bit with Maggie last month, and Talladega last weekend. We miss seeing all of the "long time members"
M&L
1.jpg

·
SSR Believer
2,137 Posts
Hardly an old-timer here, just a little over two years... unless, like Nick said, you count our actual age. :LOL:

I remember a lot of folks headed for Facebook when they updated this forum. It's too bad many haven't returned. I check in over there once in a while and there are a lot of good people, posts, questions that need answering and such, but they're quickly lost to time since everything posted is there one day and, scroll, scroll, scroll, way down the page and basically gone the next with no real archive to speak of. Several folks here post there as well, and often point people back here. FB is just too time consuming (and crazy) to deal with IMHO. Hopefully folks that find there way here stay and join the old-timer's club. ;)

·
Premium Member
2004 custom Paint and trim , ROTM winner #2, Previous owned R’s, 2006 #1 of 8 2 tone & 2005 silver
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:unsure:
Well, perhaps you now are like some of us that joined in more recent years in the fact that many of us are all now getting a lot of milage and our runway of life has become a shorter trip to the end of the tarmac.

I know it might pizzes you off, but my long gone Mom as a long time grade school/junior high teacher would not let it go.

This phrase, does not need the last word you put into it. The intent of the sentence was totally and completely covered without that last word.

"Where are us old timers at. "
????

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
ROTM 1/2016 - 2006 PacBlues 376 & 29
28,992 Posts
Still here and while I am happy to see the New Members I am really happy to see the old timers even more. It is nice to know you are still around. Looking forward to the NEXT Chocolate and Covered Bridge Tour.

·
Registered
'05 Asphalt 6-Speed, bought new.
90 Posts
Joined in 2009 when I was 62. I'm somewhat older now. Haven't commented much, but sure have found a lot of helpful information here along the years.
I think both the Fanatic forum and FB have their place. To me, this forum is a true reflection of the SSR enthusiast, the nuts and bolts of our shared interest. Facebook I find to be more contemporary, enjoyable in its own way, but more 'me' than 'us'.
Wifey Sue and I attended our first rally in Sturbridge, MA. (forget what year), and have since tried to make one or two every year. Many friends have been made and belly laughs enjoyed along the way.
Our thanks and gratitude goes out to all those who have contributed, participated, and many times sacrificed time and energy to make this community possible. Especially the rally hosts. It's a huge endeavor.
Looking forward to as many new permagrin adventures as the Lord allows, Gary.

·
Registered
05 Ricochet. 3rd one for fun
152 Posts
Not quite an old timer yet, but really appreciate our more seasoned fanatics! On my 3rd SSR, and have found this site to be more helpful than anything regarding this wonderfully weird, cool, peculiar, fun footnote in automotive history.

·
Las Vegas Mob
1,399 Posts
I joined the fanatics in 4/2004. I enjoy all the members here. We have lost a large number of fanatics as they have sold their trucks, or more tragically left our ranks due to passing on. This is traditionally an “older” group of people. I am thrilled that we have new members joining us almost daily. Without them, this site would have lost it’s relevance some time ago.
I am not on Facebook, so this site is my singular source of information for all things SSR. Thank you all, old timers and newbies, and everyone in between for keeping this site active and alive.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts