Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
I guess I qualify as an old timer, joined in July 2006, will be 79 in September. I have been to all of the International Rally's. Plan to see everyone in Cincinnati. I have been to a great many of the other rally's around the country, the Chocolate and Covered Bridges is still on my bucket list.
Kenny Thomas - SSR051 - Parkville, MO

·
Registered
92 Posts
:unsure:
Well, perhaps you now are like some of us that joined in more recent years in the fact that many of us are all now getting a lot of milage and our runway of life has become a shorter trip to the end of the tarmac.

I know it might pizzes you off, but my long gone Mom as a long time grade school/junior high teacher would not let it go.

This phrase, does not need the last word you put into it. The intent of the sentence was totally and completely covered without that last word.

"Where are us old timers at. "
There are theories that the false rule originates with the early usage guides of Joshua Poole and John Dryden, who were trying to align the language with Latin, but there is no reason to suggest ending a sentence with a preposition is wrong. Nonetheless, the idea that it is a rule is still held by many.

·
Premium Member
7,539 Posts
I joined the fanatics in 4/2004. I enjoy all the members here. We have lost a large number of fanatics as they have sold their trucks, or more tragically left our ranks due to passing on. This is traditionally an “older” group of people. I am thrilled that we have new members joining us almost daily. Without them, this site would have lost it’s relevance some time ago.
I am not on Facebook, so this site is my singular source of information for all things SSR. Thank you all, old timers and newbies, and everyone in between for keeping this site active and alive.
Excellent post Blastfrom"the"Past !!! Agree with you 100%, especially "tragically left our ranks due to passing on" Mrs. tennesseecozydog passed on July 25, 2019. A little over 3 months later (November 2nd, 2019) I purchased my 3rd SSR for companionship. Still got "her" with 157,000 + miles, and just had the Top Roof Cylinders rebuilt by Zig in Florida and the Front End rebuilt and aligned at Bud's Tire here in Murfreesboro. Got up at 5:30 this morning, put the Top down and rode around town in the cool morning breeze. Climbing the calendar to 82 (February 1, 2022) and hopefully can continue enjoying old "Banana Split" a few more years. 🇺🇸 :D🇺🇸:D🇺🇸:D🇺🇸:D🇺🇸

·
Premium Member
7,539 Posts
I've been around since 2003 and still watching what goes on. I don't have much to say but do make a comment from time to time. :giggle:
Good morning BMBLBEE, are you the Animal Doctor (Vet) from the St. Louis area ??? Saw you in Maggie Valley once dressed up like a Bumblebee. tennesseecozydog 🇺🇸 🇺🇸 🇺🇸 🇺🇸 🇺🇸 😺😸😹😻😼😽🙀😿😾

·
Premium Member
9,452 Posts
I don't do Facebook, so this is my only source of SSR information. I've been learning since I joined in 2003, and still have a bunch to learn from the middle aged guys. I'm still a youngster - only 74.

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
Joined in 2009 when I was 62. I'm somewhat older now. Haven't commented much, but sure have found a lot of helpful information here along the years.
I think both the Fanatic forum and FB have their place. To me, this forum is a true reflection of the SSR enthusiast, the nuts and bolts of our shared interest. Facebook I find to be more contemporary, enjoyable in its own way, but more 'me' than 'us'.
Wifey Sue and I attended our first rally in Sturbridge, MA. (forget what year), and have since tried to make one or two every year. Many friends have been made and belly laughs enjoyed along the way.
Our thanks and gratitude goes out to all those who have contributed, participated, and many times sacrificed time and energy to make this community possible. Especially the rally hosts. It's a huge endeavor.
Looking forward to as many new permagrin adventures as the Lord allows, Gary.
Gary - Do u remember how I panicked following you going to Provincetown,MA...you
had a surfboard 🏄‍♂️ sticking out with the trunk lid opened????..At the time i didn't know it
was tied down..and thats how we met...💛

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
Good morning BMBLBEE, are you the Animal Doctor (Vet) from the St. Louis area ??? Saw you in Maggie Valley once dressed up like a Bumblebee. tennesseecozydog 🇺🇸 🇺🇸 🇺🇸 🇺🇸 🇺🇸 😺😸😹😻😼😽🙀😿😾
NOPE - that was not me. My young daughter gave me the name when I bought a yellow C5 Corvette

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
If my memory (?????) is correct you were referring to "killerbee"...
met him at Maggie had the yellow R with ***bee""" prints on it..🐝.
Can't think of his first name, short like me and wore suspenders..

·
Super Moderator
14,098 Posts
I guess I could be considered an old-timer (joined August/2008) but when I decided to trace the SSR history after it came to market I dug into the really old posts when Roberts originated the forum and I ran into the "really old timers". I think Waynesworld is still active, but definitely one of the early members that provided interesting posts.
It was so much fun reading their posts understanding their anticipation awaiting the delivery of their SSR's - spy pictures of SSR's spotted at the back of GM lots. Sadly, when our format changed I have no idea how to find those posts any longer.

My recent activity has been limited due to spending several weeks in the hospital. It seemed like one thing led to another, a couple of concussions, A1C was through the roof, eventually prostrate surgery.
Getting out of emergency is an artform (tomorrow you go home, but tomorrow never comes.) When I finally got home, 3 days later I woke up to realize I needed a magnifying glass to read my computer screen. This makes it very difficult to participate on the forum for someone that is not used to being handicapped - also really makes me appreciate those living with handicaps.
Ophthalmologist said no damage done, optometrist increased reading glass subscription but I am reluctant to do much as I feel a slow vision recovery.

Like Bob, (BlastfromPast) I don't do Facebook either, but I have not been able to catch up with my SSRFanatic duties - I am working on it.

·
Premium Member
7,539 Posts
If my memory (?????) is correct your were referring to "killerbee"...
met him at Maggie had the yellow R with ***bee""" prints on it..🐝.
Can't think of his first name, short like me and wore suspenders..
I think you're right "CRICKET" and I also think the Doctor told me his was the Slingshot Yellow SSR used in the TV add which I guess would have made it an 03. Also I know he was a small animal doctor in the St. Louis area. Short like you and wore suspenders ... Correct !!!

21 - 40 of 69 Posts