Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
'05 Asphalt 6-Speed, bought new.
90 Posts
Gary - Do u remember how I panicked following you going to Provincetown,MA...you
had a surfboard 🏄‍♂️ sticking out with the trunk lid opened????..At the time i didn't know it
was tied down..and thats how we met...💛
I certainly do. I thought it would look fun while we were on Cape Cod for Jeff & Brenda's 'Escape to the Cape' rally. Of course it wasn't so much fun for you, not knowing that they were securely tied down and wondering if the boards would fly out of the back of our truck and come through your windshield. You were a good sport about it though. We miss you and Marie.

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
I joined 16 years ago today. I originally had an Ultra Violet 2004 which I ended up selling and replaced it with a 2004 Slingshot. Sold the Slingshot to a friend locally some years ago. Currently own a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT with 37000 miles. It's good to see a lot of the names I remember from when I was more active.

·
Premium Member
2,803 Posts
There are theories that the false rule originates with the early usage guides of Joshua Poole and John Dryden, who were trying to align the language with Latin, but there is no reason to suggest ending a sentence with a preposition is wrong. Nonetheless, the idea that it is a rule is still held by many.
(y)
Your response indicates you understand the problem. We could debate whether ending the sentence in a prepostion is wrong (which I believe it is)......or when you really asses the sentence. The trailing preposition is (TOTALLY UNNECCESARY).
The meaning of the sentence was conveyed without the last word.

Perhaps it means nothing to you, but when I'm nearby a person on a cell phone and I hear that person say...."Where are you at???"...............I'm right away thinking this person lacks common rules of grammar ......Can't help but bring it out when I see it. Trying to educate those that somehow didn't learn it.
Being on forums should mean learning things you maybe didn't already know............It could be how to solve a problem with your SSR or it could be understanding proper grammar.
My apologies to those that really didn't want to know when they showed lack of those skills.

·
Slingshot Rules!
78,906 Posts
I joined 16 years ago today. I originally had an Ultra Violet 2004 which I ended up selling and replaced it with a 2004 Slingshot. Sold the Slingshot to a friend locally some years ago. Currently own a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT with 37000 miles. It's good to see a lot of the names I remember from when I was more active.

WOW, Buffalo . . . you have definitely been missed.

Whatever you do . . . don't stay away so long again.

! :cool: ! 👍 ! :cool: ! 👍 ! :cool: !

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
WOW, Bob . . . I remember that Corvette.

Don't you wish you still had it?

! :cool: ! 👍 ! :cool: ! 👍 ! :cool: !
I sold it to my neighbor 6 or 7 years ago and he reached out over the winter and offered to sell it back to me. It was Tempting but no place to keep it an no extra $ available from either me or my son who had first dibs if it ever came up for sale. Not sure if he still has it or whether it moved along.

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
3,150 Posts
I guess I could be considered an old-timer (joined August/2008) but when I decided to trace the SSR history after it came to market I dug into the really old posts when Roberts originated the forum and I ran into the "really old timers". I think Waynesworld is still active, but definitely one of the early members that provided interesting posts.
It was so much fun reading their posts understanding their anticipation awaiting the delivery of their SSR's - spy pictures of SSR's spotted at the back of GM lots. Sadly, when our format changed I have no idea how to find those posts any longer.

My recent activity has been limited due to spending several weeks in the hospital. It seemed like one thing led to another, a couple of concussions, A1C was through the roof, eventually prostrate surgery.
Getting out of emergency is an artform (tomorrow you go home, but tomorrow never comes.) When I finally got home, 3 days later I woke up to realize I needed a magnifying glass to read my computer screen. This makes it very difficult to participate on the forum for someone that is not used to being handicapped - also really makes me appreciate those living with handicaps.
Ophthalmologist said no damage done, optometrist increased reading glass subscription but I am reluctant to do much as I feel a slow vision recovery.

Like Bob, (BlastfromPast) I don't do Facebook either, but I have not been able to catch up with my SSRFanatic duties - I am working on it.
Wow Cash! I hope you get better soon.
Best wishes!

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
4,199 Posts
I don't qualify as an old timer by time on here, or on this earth. I sure do appreciate the things those before me have learned and shared with all of us, to keep these trucks up and running. I think it is good to have some new younger guys join in, to add in some new ideas and maybe improve on some of the old ones as well. I am glad to be here and will do my part to keep up.

·
Daily Driver
9,053 Posts
I don't qualify as an old timer by time on here, or on this earth. I sure do appreciate the things those before me have learned and shared with all of us, to keep these trucks up and running. I think it is good to have some new younger guys join in, to add in some new ideas and maybe improve on some of the old ones as well. I am glad to be here and will do my part to keep up.
You've already contributed more than your share, not only SSR stuff but general tricks and tips from being immersed in it for a long time. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
I joined in 2005 at the tender age of 32.

I'm now 48! This used to be the best forum I'd ever been a part of.

Most of us old-timers left (or stopped posting much) after they ruined the old forum replacing it with this current one. Just before that, a lot of the old faces were still active, with tons of new posts every day. But after they screwed it up the last time, a great deal of us finally said "F it" and never really came back like we used to.

:(

Ever since then it's almost a ghost town at times. Very sad.

·
Premium Member
2,803 Posts
I joined in 2005 at the tender age of 32.

I'm now 48! This used to be the best forum I'd ever been a part of.

Most of us old-timers left (or stopped posting much) after they ruined the old forum replacing it with this current one. Just before that, a lot of the old faces were still active, with tons of new posts every day. But after they screwed it up the last time, a great deal of us finally said "F it" and never really came back like we used to.

:(

Ever since then it's almost a ghost town at times. Very sad.
I also was on board long enough ago to be using the old format. Like you and others, I learned how to navigate my way around within the forum and add pics, etc. Then along came the new format and it was a bitch for most of us and we didn't much like it.

But it is what it is and if you spend a little time each week with it, it doesn't take too long to catch on to the differences and make your way around within it.

In the business world, It's known as (employee resistance to change).........Here it it the same deal, but (user resistance to change).
Once you get used to it, it really isn't such a bad deal.

·
Premium Member
2006 Aqua Blur 22578
1,438 Posts
I'm still around. Not as active as I used to be with the fanatics, but still have SSRENITY. I thought I'd never sell her, but who knows, it just might happen.
Roger

·
Registered
3 Posts
Looking down the posts on the forum there are so many new names. Where are us old timers at. I amit I don’t post as often as before but I just don’t see the names I’ve been so familiar with posting either. If you are a old-timer on this forum check in here. Say hi and any update you like to share. I do miss you all.
Doug View attachment 595606

·
Registered
3 Posts
Looking down the posts on the forum there are so many new names. Where are us old timers at. I amit I don’t post as often as before but I just don’t see the names I’ve been so familiar with posting either. If you are a old-timer on this forum check in here. Say hi and any update you like to share. I do miss you all.
Doug View attachment 595606
2018 have posted but read alot

41 - 60 of 69 Posts