Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
"LAZY ONE" sure is a fitting name that suits me at 85. Medically I'm fortunate to be writing this. Love my Black Beauty and I keep adding on items of interest with this wonderful engineering place in Texas. I'm trying to remember the name but, my mind is not in the recall mode. (some people say "what mind"). Wish all you 'youngsters" out there' the best of health and keep the permagrin on.

·
Premium Member
905 Posts
Good to hear from you Doug! You have one of the all time best looking R’s in the country. Always Jealous!
Fanatic since 2007/8 (too old to remember)
So I’m still here but R-less! Sold mine earlier this year to a great gentleman Willis Faust ( don’t know his Fanatic name) from Lexington KY.
After 14 years it was hard to part with but I’ve just taken a museum delivery of my 2021 C8 Vette.
So, all is not lost at the Tail of the Dragon!!
Hope all here are well! I could be dropping in on some later rally’s, ya never know.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Looking down the posts on the forum there are so many new names. Where are us old timers at. I amit I don’t post as often as before but I just don’t see the names I’ve been so familiar with posting either. If you are a old-timer on this forum check in here. Say hi and any update you like to share. I do miss you all.
Doug View attachment 595606
Well, I joined in 2006. Does that make me an old timer?

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Christine and I have been aboard since 2010. We fondly remember several years meeting up in Detroit for the Woodward Avenue Dream Cruise the third weekend In August...great memories. Last year we moved Slick to our place in Florida, following a great makeover visit with Mike in Arizona. This year we’re planning to enjoy the Dream Cruise, but in a different car. When we get back to Florida in October we hope to hook up with that very active group of SSRers

Kendal

·
Premium Member
05 Phantom Black Metallic
438 Posts
I don't qualify as an old member, have not been to or participated in many functions, mostly for personal reasons but I try to keep up with the forum and everything else that has to do with the SSR and the Fanatic community. My best to you all.

·
Registered
2003 SSR redline red, "Tupperware" bedliner
118 Posts
When I heard in 2006 the SSR would be terminated I figured if one shows up I'd better grab it. I had street rodded a '50 GMC. I'd been cruising this site and Pontiac solstice forums too.
May 2007 my wife was out of town and I saw a redline Red at a Mazda used car lot, and I called and told her and she said I could only have one toy, so pick one.
I bought it in June and sold the GMC and joined the forum immediately in 2007.
Been thru the format change.
Don't do Facebook. No comparison to what's available here.
Glad to see new members joining, but hate to loose the old timers. I hope we can keep it going cause l don't have plans to sell this one 😁😁😁😁😁

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
Actually joined at the beginning. Still read through posts at times but haven't really posted since early on. Haven't been to any of the meet ups in years but did go to the LCC invite. Still have my Red but she became a garage queen when I moved to Virginia and picked up a Harley. 03 Red, 32K miles and my son is waiting for it.

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
Looking down the posts on the forum there are so many new names. Where are us old timers at. I amit I don’t post as often as before but I just don’t see the names I’ve been so familiar with posting either. If you are a old-timer on this forum check in here. Say hi and any update you like to share. I do miss you all.
Doug View attachment 595606
[/QU

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Kart 3D Denny & Kay Deaver here joined in 06 Bought 04 Yellow in Jan 07 in Lewisville,Tx over phone on road to Chili Bowl in Tulsa We lived in Dodge City,Ks till May of 2019 Now on Grand Lake of the Cherokee Grove ,Ok Had 12,000 miles now 147,900 miles Have meet friends from everywhere Enjoy getting together with old and new owners Would be Great to put together a Reunion in middle of the country for us old owners and new owners Durango,Colo western Texas,Flagstaff,Ar, Santa Fe New Mexico Just throwing this out there Maybe the next International Ralley in two yrs. Still enjoying the permagrin Drive daily

61 - 69 of 69 Posts