Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would love to find mud flaps for my SSR. Is anyone making them?
Thanks for any info.
Linda

·
OP
8,226 Posts
Page 3

Look in my gallery, page 3. These are stainless steel and polished. PM me and I will give you the information.

·
Premium Member
24,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was looking for rubber ones.. figure they are easier to keep up. But how do you like the Chrome ones? Do you have them on the front, too? How easy are they to keep looking good? I use my car everyday and am near the ocean... hard to keep chrome looking good.
(Thanks for the response!)

·
OP
8,226 Posts
this week

Front ones do this week. These are NOT chrome, they are polished S.S.
Easy to keep up, mine is a daily driver as well.

·
it's 5 o'clock somewhere!
16,303 Posts
Just put these on last week, front only. They are 9" wide and came with a raised blue bowtie. I painted the face of the bowtie with my touch-up purple paint. Oh yeah, bought them at our local Canadian Tire store :lol

Sandy

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2006 Aqua Blur 22578
1,436 Posts
turnheadz said:
Just put these on last week, front only. They are 9" wide and came with a raised blue bowtie. I painted the face of the bowtie with my touch-up purple paint. Oh yeah, bought them at our local Canadian Tire store :lol

Sandy
Do you know what brand these are? Any part numbers?

·
16,303 Posts
you like?

I am on my way out now, will stop by the store and get the info.

Sandy :seeya

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
turnheadz said:

Sandy
Sandy, I bought two pairs at CT in NOvemeber and have'nt installed them yet. Which model number did you get and how was the fit-up.

Frank

ps- by the way what cover do you have. I bought one at CT and it kind of looks like your's...color at least

·
16,303 Posts
hi frank

They're the ones that are 9"wide x15"long (CT # 41-8911-6). We used the cardboard insert as a template, and with the existing three screws mounting was easy.
As far as the car cover goes, you'll never guess. When we bought our '02 Camaro SS the dealer gave us an SLP custom fit cover. Much to my surprise it actually fits the truck! The car was a little longer and the truck is a little wider. Even the mirror pockets fit. It's that shiny silver color with the 35th anniversary SS logo in red on the hood end. Comes in handy during the winter months, won't be using it much thru the next nine or ten though.

Sandy :ssr

·
16,303 Posts
Greyfox - I will tell you the height now, BUT the reason I held back on that info was that I haven't driven it on the street yet. So I don't know if I'm too low - speed bumps....
We used an empty Becel container with the lid on. The 2 lb./907 g size. Hey, it was handy! And just the right width too. We just "sat" it on the container and double checked with a level.

Anybody else that has them mounted, do you have an actual inch measurement for the height?

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
Try a search on "splash guards"! Mine are listed there. Contour fitting, black or paint to match (painted look better) Install your self but a little low in the front.

·
Registered
24 Posts
turnheadz said:
Greyfox - I will tell you the height now, BUT the reason I held back on that info was that I haven't driven it on the street yet. So I don't know if I'm too low - speed bumps....
We used an empty Becel container with the lid on. The 2 lb./907 g size. Hey, it was handy! And just the right width too. We just "sat" it on the container and double checked with a level.

Anybody else that has them mounted, do you have an actual inch measurement for the height?

just used same ones on my blk 06 they fit great installed front ones 2" between bowtie and fender drillid ext hole and used ext plugs from gm so they mount in more locations tan factory 3 plugs also mounted on back look great

·
16,303 Posts
Update on Becel height

It works great. Have been driving it a lot lately and has yet to rub.

Alberta - where in Alberta?

·
Premium Member
9,382 Posts
I spotted a black 6 speed at Lakewood in southeast Edmonton last week - the serial number seems familiar - I was checking numbers on every one I looked at.

Congrats on your new toy - can't believe how many have sold in the last two weeks.

Ray

·
Registered
24 Posts
Flassh said:
I spotted a black 6 speed at Lakewood in southeast Edmonton last week - the serial number seems familiar - I was checking numbers on every one I looked at.

Congrats on your new toy - can't believe how many have sold in the last two weeks.

Ray
thanks i originally wAnted to fac order but we all know what gm did with that so i became at the mercy of the dealer ships but was lucky to find one with almost all the optons i wanted and yes mine came from lakewood

1 - 20 of 21 Posts