Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting your SSR fixed can be challenging unless you live near Dicktator, Mike in Arizonia
or a knowledgeable fellow SSR Fanatic. After all. My local Chevy Dealer said: “What’s an SSR?.
I thought that it would be nice to share where you get your SSR fixed as we enjoy our Permagrin.
Here’s mine:
DMC Transmissions
2325 E Thompson Blvd,
Ventura, CA 93003
(805) 652-2221
Donny Caccamise, retired from Chevrolet as one of the Top Technicians in the country
to start his own business. Donny is Factory Trained on the SSR. DMC is a full service shop.
You will likely see many Collectables when you visit. Competent, reliable, knowledgeable and a pleasure to deal with.

Share where you get your SSR fixed with fellow Fanatics.

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
39,908 Posts
So far I have been lucky to be able to fix most things in my own garage. The steering rack and floor gauge pod where both under warranty so I took her to the dealership for repairs and they were great but GM closed all the small dealerships around here so no more personal service.

·
Registered
'05 Aqua Blur 6-spd
452 Posts
So far I have been lucky to be able to fix most things in my own garage. The steering rack and floor gauge pod where both under warranty so I took her to the dealership for repairs and they were great but GM closed all the small dealerships around here so no more personal service.
Jim, you've just identified yourself as both the expert and the closest to me even you're in western PA. BTW, my daughter and granddaughter graduated from Grove City College so I already know the way. Almost. :giggle:

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
39,908 Posts
Jim, you've just identified yourself as both the expert and the closest to me even you're in western PA. BTW, my daughter and granddaughter graduated from Grove City College so I already know the way. Almost. :giggle:
I worked in Grove City at the GE transportation plant as a machinist up till I retired 7 years ago it's a nice little town. It was 50 miles one way from here I sure don't miss that commute.
One thing I'm not is a expert but will do my best to help out if I can. I'm finding out age is slowing me down. :)

·
Registered
2004 Redline Red
12 Posts
I own a small business and I have an employee who helps out with repairs when he's not floating heavy equipment to job sites. He has been working on cars and trucks all his life and owned a 2004 SSR. He knows the SSR inside and out and I have him work on it when he has time. I wouldn't trust anyone else.

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,018 Posts
You have a "Dicktator", "Mike Moro" in Canada with lots and lots of parts, lift and knowledge. Barry owns 6 (Six) SSR. North of Toronto.

Barry Pattison
5583 6th Line
Tottenham, Ontario Canada
LOG 1W0
[email protected]

Cell 416-254-5095

Barry/Betty just left Florida for Home yesterday.

They stay in Florida about 8 miles from Dicktator

Dicktator

1. Barry is in Blue shirt next to Dicktator at Dicktator's Garage.

Attachments

·
BAD BOW TIE
9,698 Posts
Barry/Betty just left Florida for Home yesterday.

They stay in Florida about 8 miles from Dicktator

They may be back as the border is closed. Unless they know a guy who knows a guy if you know what I mean.

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts
I am lucky enough to have a local shop that works on mine here in York. Hinz Repair. I was already using them before the SSR. Before I came here I had two shops actually in North Platte.

The thing that they all have common is that they are experienced custom car and hot rodders that don't just plug in a computer and hit the flat rate book.

IMO if you can find someone like them, and I bet you could where you are, it would be ideal. They are usually more experienced and charge a lower rate.

Dave

·
Premium Member
1,397 Posts
In my experience, Chevy dealerships are totally clueless about this vehicle. However, our local Cadillac dealership has been able to help me out a lot.

Longer story - Ilsa was having two problems at the time: 1. Her port-side door rattled a lot. I was able to shake it and make it rattle. Most of us know that an adjustment of the door striker was needed - something that I could EASILY screw up if I tried it. The Chevy repair dude ordered a new door handle. 2. Ilsa was having the familiar time-out problem when the tonneau for the top was lifting. I could tell that the wires near the braces were probably getting in the way (which I told the repair dude). He ordered a new roof module. When I spoke with him after he ordered everything and explained again what I thought the problem was, his comment was, "We don't get these in here very often, you know". Then I took her to the Cadillac dealer where they understood everything and fixed it easily and quickly.

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
We have a young fella that has his own car repair business. He graduated from a Vocational Tech school in 2003 and went to work for a local Chevrolet dealership as a maintenance tech. They soon after sent him away to training GM was offering and he became that dealerships go to guy for the SSR. We by happenstance found him. Since then he has done work on many of the local Fanatics trucks at a reasonable price and with excellent service.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Getting your SSR fixed can be challenging unless you live near Dicktator, Mike in Arizonia
or a knowledgeable fellow SSR Fanatic. After all. My local Chevy Dealer said: “What’s an SSR?.
I thought that it would be nice to share where you get your SSR fixed as we enjoy our Permagrin.
Here’s mine:
DMC Transmissions
2325 E Thompson Blvd,
Ventura, CA 93003
(805) 652-2221
Donny Caccamise, retired from Chevrolet as one of the Top Technicians in the country
to start his own business. Donny is Factory Trained on the SSR. DMC is a full service shop.
You will likely see many Collectables when you visit. Competent, reliable, knowledgeable and a pleasure to deal with.

Share where you get your SSR fixed with fellow Fanatics.
I fix my 2004 SSR my self. I only let a person mechanic repair rebuild transmission with new updates & to change tires recently. The Tire store found a Ball joint had failed & needed to be replaced. Have parts waiting to change lower control arm. Not very warm or dry in garage. I always take my VIN to get parts. As you said Chevrolet Parts department does not know what a SSR is. Had that problem more than once at Chevrolet.

·
BAD BOW TIE
9,698 Posts
My biggest problem is the Cadillac dealer here is the Chevy dealer. Same, Same. Have been able to do my own work so far.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts