Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since the Pa. dealer sold the $50K '05 6 speed for under $30K (I was 2nd in line for it....) it seems we have heard nothing from our supporting dealers. The Pa. dealer admitted to losing $9400 to sell that SSR. If selling SSRs at a substantial loss gets more high profit Z06s, then why are we not seeing more of these SSRs advertised at these high loss prices? I know that right after the auto show buzz wears off in late January, the winter doldrums will set in here in the upper midwest and sales become nonexistant for convertibles and other special interest vehicles except for Corvettes and Mustangs which probably were still selling in the middle of Katrina. I am just two months from my 401K money and I want to see some dealers offering proof that selling SSRs for a loss makes them more money on Z06s.

·
Registered
595 Posts
ssr's do not earn you z06s occassionally the brokers will find a dealer that has both and wants rid of both but right now everyone wants to buy one for 30k . ....i cant do it when it doesnt make sense i step back if i have the opportunity to get a z06 with an ssr then i'll let you guys know but most dealers arent that desperate to move the ssr

ask the pa dealer to get you another at that price .. ..

·
Registered
132 Posts
Danko said:
Ever since the Pa. dealer sold the $50K '05 6 speed for under $30K (I was 2nd in line for it....) it seems we have heard nothing from our supporting dealers. The Pa. dealer admitted to losing $9400 to sell that SSR. If selling SSRs at a substantial loss gets more high profit Z06s, then why are we not seeing more of these SSRs advertised at these high loss prices? I know that right after the auto show buzz wears off in late January, the winter doldrums will set in here in the upper midwest and sales become nonexistant for convertibles and other special interest vehicles except for Corvettes and Mustangs which probably were still selling in the middle of Katrina. I am just two months from my 401K money and I want to see some dealers offering proof that selling SSRs for a loss makes them more money on Z06s.

sooo... the dealer cost is around $39400 for the 05 SSR's??

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Why should I ask the Pa. dealer to lose another $9400? Do you really think that was a good suggestion? Also, I have local Chev dealers and after the auto show, I will go see if they are serious about selling an SSR 6 speed. One local dealer has had the same number of '05's for about 8 months and they include what I want but with extras I do not. I will offer a low price and think I might get it. Neither of our supporting dealers have been here much lately and I hope that is because they are enjoying the holidays. DavidN, If one dealer lost $9400 on one SSR, do you think that price can then be the same for all '05's? hm-mm-mmm? The dealer cost varies with options, but then you really knew that, right?

·
Registered
595 Posts
Why should any dealer lose $9400 ? ssrs are not that bad the market on a new one is still 35-36k and used 32500 range with 8,000 miles the 30k the dealer sold that for was completely stupid on his part it would a dealer running an ad on a z06 for $$6,000 off msrp . ...doesnt need it why throw the money away

stupid decisions hurt us all if every dealer started selling them for 30k which they cant then everyone would want to buy for 26 just doesnt make any sense

·
Registered
132 Posts
Danko said:
Why should I ask the Pa. dealer to lose another $9400? Do you really think that was a good suggestion? Also, I have local Chev dealers and after the auto show, I will go see if they are serious about selling an SSR 6 speed. One local dealer has had the same number of '05's for about 8 months and they include what I want but with extras I do not. I will offer a low price and think I might get it. Neither of our supporting dealers have been here much lately and I hope that is because they are enjoying the holidays. DavidN, If one dealer lost $9400 on one SSR, do you think that price can then be the same for all '05's? hm-mm-mmm? The dealer cost varies with options, but then you really knew that, right?

I understand the cost varies and that is why i said "around"...just wondering out loud what is the "real" cost ???? i bought my new 04 loaded for $31540.00 and at that time(jan-05) dealer had $7500 rebate from GM, The dealer said they lost $1100.00 hard $$$. they had my SSR on the lot for 11 months...

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
buyers' market

The SSRs here have fresh snow covering many months' worth of dust. I cannot make an offer for a few weeks but that time of year might work out VERY well for a low priced 6 speed '05. I will have fun trying.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I am here,I check this board everyday. but until some of the rebates change the prices I have run are the same. If there are real GM employees here in the forum I can save them some more because there is more discount available. The dealer who buy's a lot of high price inventory ( lets say a Z06 and then has to take 5 SSR's to go with that Z06) and can sell the z06 at (let's say $10,000 dollars over sticker) will use all that profit to mark down the SSR's.

Chris Warren
Les Stanford Chevrolet
313-724-1417
SSR forum salesman

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm the happy owner of the 30k Black 6spd. Not sure what the actual bottom line for the dealer was. The 30k was after the 5k rebate. The truck had been sitting on their lot since Dec 04. There apparently would have been a tax payment due if they hadn't moved it by the end of the year.

All I know is my wife and I are happy campers!!

Craig

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
cw_racefan said:
I'm the happy owner of the 30k Black 6spd. Not sure what the actual bottom line for the dealer was. The 30k was after the 5k rebate. The truck had been sitting on their lot since Dec 04. There apparently would have been a tax payment due if they hadn't moved it by the end of the year.

All I know is my wife and I are happy campers!!

Craig
Welcome to the happy campers club! :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts