Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering if any of you all have the chrome molding across the front and if so where did you order it from.

inquiry minds want to know...

any suggestions........

·
Premium Member
2006 Aqua Blur 22578
1,436 Posts
birds ssr said:
just wondering if any of you all have the chrome molding across the front and if so where did you order it from.

inquiry minds want to know...

any suggestions........
If you are referring to the molding with the bowtie, it is included in the Chrome Pkg offered on '06 models. The package is $1000 and includes all chrome trim in place of satin both interior and exterior. I believe there is a chrome pkg that can be ordered from the dealer that will get you the exterior chrome pieces, but not the interior. I have the factory chrome pkg and like it a lot.

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
Anywhere online one can order this??????

·
Premium Member
2006 Aqua Blur 22578
1,436 Posts
RoadsterJim said:
Anywhere online one can order this??????

15214401 is part number for the exterior appearance package listed on http://www.gmpartsdirect.com. Not a good description of what it is, but I'm pretty sure that is it. Maybe someone on the forum will know for sure or check with dealer. I believe it will include the CHEVROLET trim piece on the front of the hood, the crossbar with the bowtie, possibly the fog lamp trim, exterior door handles and valve stem caps.

·
Premium Member
2006 Aqua Blur 22578
1,436 Posts
SS My R said:
Here is the link by gm goodwrench.com that gives the information on the package. Dosen't seem like much for one grand. Oh and you get valve stem covers.:smash :smash :smash

http://www.gmgoodwrench.com/accesso...r=2006&detail=06_SSR_SAP&sid=4781696757088801

You might be able to get the items chromed in your area yourself and spend less.
You're right...very pricey dealer item for what you get...factory package for $1000 includes all the interior trim as well and really dresses up the SSR in the retro look IMO. Wonder how many factory chrome pkgs there will be out there. When I was looking for my '06 I didn't find many that had it and really didn't care all that much until I saw it...then I wanted it.

·
Premium Member
5,744 Posts
Chrome ext. pkg.

I found it at gmpartsdirect.com, part 15214401, for around $865. I'll eventually purchase it because I have the chrome wheel pkg and IMO I think they go together well.

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
chrome package

The Price Is $796.00 Plus Tax If In California And Freight. Ive Been Having Problems Getting Them With All The Parts In Them. One Set I Recived To Send Out To A Customer Only Had Grille Bar And Fog Light Bezels In It. Reordered And Recived It Complete This Time. Ordered Another Set And Asked If It Could Be Opened Up And Checked For Missing Parts. They Called Me Back And Told Me That All The Sets They Had Were Missings Parts. So I Dont Know Whats Happening. They Are Comming From The Suppler Direct. Hope They Get It Right Soon. They Are Supposed To Come With Grille Bar,hood Emblem,fog Light Bezels,outside Door Handles,rear Licence Plate Trim With Clear Cover And Tire Valve Stem Caps...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Great Help

I've been working with Mark on getting some parts, he makes sure that all the parts are there before shipping them out and has great prices. I highly recommend using him before purchasing parts from any other source.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Ssr

SS My R said:
I'll second that question.

What about the SSR Emblem on the rear tail gate?

:smash :smash :smash​

The SS = 15134740 .....$27.00 *********The R =15134741.....$28.80 According to GM parts direct..........:seeya

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
SS My R said:
Here is the link by gm goodwrench.com that gives the information on the package. Dosen't seem like much for one grand. Oh and you get valve stem covers.:smash :smash :smash

http://www.gmgoodwrench.com/accesso...r=2006&detail=06_SSR_SAP&sid=4781696757088801

You might be able to get the items chromed in your area yourself and spend less.

thanks all i was just wondering since i,m getting a new molding put on mine this week from slightly hitting a doe two days after i bought it.:smash it didn,t hurt the paint though it just needs a new grille on the left side front and the molding piece.after they reset the light
my ssr is a 2005 ,i will have to check it out.

jason..

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Whitewolf said:
The SS = 15134740 .....$27.00 *********The R =15134741.....$28.80 According to GM parts direct..........:seeya

I can't believe they divide the emblem into two seperate items and then charge you more for the one R than for the two S's.

:banghead :banghead :banghead​

Oh thanks Wolfie for the info.:thumbs

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
price

THE PRICES FOR THE EMBLEMS THAT WHITE WOLF SENT OUT IS AT DEALER COST ALSO NOT LIST OR COST PLUS 10.....JUST IN CASE ANYBODY WAS INTERESTED...:seeya

·
Registered
893 Posts
Red......

SS My R said:
I can't believe they divide the emblem into two seperate items and then charge you more for the one R than for the two S's.

:banghead :banghead :banghead​

Oh thanks Wolfie for the info.:thumbs

I guess the red finish is more expensive......than chrome....:cool

·
OP
8,226 Posts
Whitewolf said:
Thanks, do you know if the SS is chromed look? I ask because I just ordered the exterior chrome package for my 2005.

·
Las Vegas Mob
1,371 Posts
The chrome package does NOT include the "SS" on the tailgate. The emblem is split in two parts because the "SS" is shared with some other vehicles (ie: Silverado SS), but the "R" is a stand alone SSR part.

Blast

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
RSSRTOY said:
THE PRICES FOR THE EMBLEMS THAT WHITE WOLF SENT OUT IS AT DEALER COST ALSO NOT LIST OR COST PLUS 10.....JUST IN CASE ANYBODY WAS INTERESTED...:seeya
I'm interested. I'll send you a PM.​

1 - 20 of 25 Posts