Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone help in telling me where I can get the under the hood decals for the SSR. I checked them out on e-bay. But I am not sure they are the right ones. If any one can direct me to the right place. I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks

·
Registered
123 Posts
hood decals

I bought the ones on ebay that came with the door sill stickers. I only put the hood liner decals on, and they don't seem to be an exact fit.

Jason

·
Jeff & Terri
1,120 Posts
Or you can just paint them, like I did. I used paint pens I bought from Michaels.

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JeffDBFl said:
Or you can just paint them, like I did. I used paint pens I bought from Michaels.

Thanks Jeff
I think I'll do just that! The stickers on e-bay don't look like they match the S's under the hood. Look's like I have a project for this weekend.

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Action said:
I bought the ones on ebay that came with the door sill stickers. I only put the hood liner decals on, and they don't seem to be an exact fit.

Jason
How do the door sill stickers look? I was thinking about ordering them. Why haven't you put them on? I hate all the finger prints that the aluminum finish leaves. Let me know when and if you do every apply them.

·
SSR Pit Crew
2004 UV
9,315 Posts
JeffDBFl said:

Looked at your photos and saw what you did under the hood...did you remove the liner or do it standing on your head :lol :lol what color were the pens?

·
Jeff & Terri
1,120 Posts
Took the liner out. I used silver and red. The pens come in just about any color you want.

·
Registered
123 Posts
decals

I will probably end up removing the decals under the hood and painting the liner, too. If I put decals in the door sill, I want to get the domed letters. I would like domed letters in the front of the hood. How do the domed letters look and fit? I know someone out there has them on their ride.

Jason

·
Premium Member
9,389 Posts
I have the yellow Chevrolet domed decals on mine, and really like them. Very clean, good fit, and reflective at night.

As far as underhood letters, I would send a private message to SSRCobra - he did some excellent laser cut metal letters. Several of us purchased them last fall or over the winter, and his workmanship is outstanding. They were about $85/set, and well worth it - I'll post a photo of them later.

Ray

·
Jeff & Terri
1,120 Posts
I have the red domed decals on the front, in the door stills, tailgate and on the center cabs and steering wheel. I got them all off ebay.

·
Registered
218 Posts
spend some extra money and get the Aluminun billet SSR for your hood matt
YOU WONT' BE SORRY :rolleyes:

Powder coated too :cool

·
Premium Member
2,899 Posts
WOW! That's what I want on mine too! I will PM SSRCobra and see if I can get a set of them. :)

I bought the under hood decals as mentioned and they are not only a poor fit but they don't come with transfer tape. So, it's a disaster to try to install and they look like crap to boot. Not what you want on a nice high end vehicle at all. Mine are wadded up and in the trash. A waste of time and money. :mad

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
Don't waste your time on the stickers. Not only do they not fit well they also in time wrinkle from all the heat. NOW where do I get a set of aluminum ones like above they look great!

·
Premium Member
9,389 Posts
Don't know if SSRCobra is still very active - hadn't heard form him in almost a year, until he had his SSR for sale on EBay.

If you can get some of the letters from him, they are very good quality - even a matching cutout for the backside to attach the bolts.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hey everyone I am alive but I haven't been that active in the forum :sleep lately

I even tried selling my ride but couldn't get what I needed for it so I guess I am keeping it :cool

If anyone wants the under the hood letters I still have some left. I don't know if I will make them after the stock runs out. Just email me or PM and I will send you the info. I don't think I am allowed to just post the info. Anyway its good to type to you all:)

SSRcobra

·
Chevrolet Nut
1,423 Posts
Billet emblems

SSCOBRA could you please PM me and let me now the info on those billet under hood emblems. They look great and I would like to get them.:cool

·
Registered
234 Posts
Here is my under the hood decal.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts