Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Title says it all...where is the best place to get this for our beloved SSRs. Any local outlets or do you have to order this???:seeya

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Unless there is a dealer close by you, www.zainobros.com is the website
There are a couple of dealers on the forum.
One in Texas, ZainoSSR I get mine from Don he can ship it anywhere and
another in the northern area, sorry can't remember his name! "edit" I found his name but he hasn't been online sine 3-05 "Russr" He has a website.

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
All three of my vehicles are black and Zaino is the only polish I use on them. I've been using it for a while now. Zaino makes all of my vehicles look like Black Glaze.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Zaino without this "clay" process . . . .

This has got to be the stupidest of questions yet, I'm sorry.

I've read a lot here about Zaino, but if one skipped the "clay" process does it do as good a job as Turtle Wax (I've used this for years on all my trucks and always liked the results, although a lot of work :mad )?

Is "skipping" the clay process a mortal sin ?

In hotrod-rich Southern California there must be an auto shop that carries this product. Isn't there ? :rolleyes:

Gary (WearyEagle)

·
Premium Member
9,382 Posts
Hi, Gary

The clay bar process is well worth the half day or so of effort required. First step is to do a really good wash with dawn to get rid of all waxes and dirt. I did the Zaino with some of their liquid soap in a spray bottle - a capful will go a long ways. Once you do your first panel, you'll understand why its worth the effort.

Unless you remove all surface contaminants, you're just swirling the Zaino over top of it. I had posted before that my Sonoma, which had been claybarred 2 years earlier, was cleaner than the SSR was after a few months without being cleaned.

It's amazing how much rail dust (the nasty rusting stuff that comes from steel on steel brakes on the rail cars) and other debris has settled on a vehicle.

Once you've done the claybar, and put the first couple of layers of Zaino on, it's really easy to maintain.

One example - When I was painting the brake calipers, I accidentally got a brushfull on the yellow paint, and didn't notice it till the next day. It wiped off with a little Zaino detailer- no mark at all. It's also the easiest it has ever been to wash a vehicle.

Ray

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
WearyEagle said:
This has got to be the stupidest of questions yet, I'm sorry.

I've read a lot here about Zaino, but if one skipped the "clay" process does it do as good a job as Turtle Wax (I've used this for years on all my trucks and always liked the results, although a lot of work :mad )?

Is "skipping" the clay process a mortal sin ?

In hotrod-rich Southern California there must be an auto shop that carries this product. Isn't there ? :rolleyes:

Gary (WearyEagle)

I believe it's just not sold in stores :)

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
You have to become a distributor and I have heard that they make you jump through hoops to maintain their products! Order it you won't regret it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts