Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In general, I know where/how to use soundproofing for the cabin, but I have read on the forum that some have had excellent results using it to improve the stock stereo speakers in the doors. I was wondering wher you placed in. Around the speakers?, on the speaker cage? wholel door panel? Some advice would be welcome. Thanks

·
Registered
416 Posts
I'm also interested in as much detailed, specific information in response to this question. I'm ready to buy some Dynamat and install it in the doors, but I'd like to first hear from those who've done it, where it works best, any lessons learned, tips & tricks for removing & reinstalling the door panels, etc.

·
Registered
893 Posts
JAustin said:
I'm also interested in as much detailed, specific information in response to this question. I'm ready to buy some Dynamat and install it in the doors, but I'd like to first hear from those who've done it, where it works best, any lessons learned, tips & tricks for removing & reinstalling the door panels, etc.

If you go to my thread from yesterday.....".Service costs for BABY "and look for the reply from Joe Schuhriemen.....You'll get some answers......

·
Registered
480 Posts
Guys,

I just had it done and it works great. No more vibration and the whole bose system sounds terrific. No boominess, just crisp, clear sound. I bought the large box of regular dynamat which the box says can cover two doors. It is placed inside the door panel on the inside of the black door panel. The speakers should be removed, then the dynamat is put all over the inside of the door panel and then the speakers are screwed right back over the dynamat. Presto, all of the vibrations and the muddy sounds are gone. It's magic. I bought the dynamat and after some discussion, the dealer put it in for free. I think it took the mechanic two or three hours to do it. The dynamat did cover the inside of both doors.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I did read yesterday's thread; just hoping / looking for any specific pointers for do-it-yourselfers. I've had too many experiences where I had to remove and reinstall door panels, after the dealer service department removed it/them for one reason or another, and didn't reinstall them correctly. This is one of those jobs where you really have to care about what you're doing, and most mechanics (in my experience) simply don't; probably because they don't have to live with the results.

B

·
0 Posts
Go to a good audio store. Normally the home owned and operated will get you a better job Than the chain stores. Normally less expencive to.
Ask the youngsters the have the boom vehicles with 1000 amp systems. good gets around even with them. That's their pride. :thumbs :seeya

1 - 7 of 7 Posts