Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2005 aqua blur 114k miles with the ball joint blues....bringing it back from the dead.
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of modding my spear and changing the headlights since when the spear is gone the headlight looks weird. Do jeep headlights bolt in? Does anyone know any tricks?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
5,291 Posts
This could be interesting. I have not heard of anyone swapping the entire housing to something else. Do remember the one guy who molded in Mini head lights but don't think they were bolt in

·
Premium Member
2004 custom Paint and trim , ROTM winner #2, Previous owned R’s, 2006 #1 of 8 2 tone & 2005 silver
2,852 Posts
Here is XOXOXOBRUCE modification. Recessed headlights
Car Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle Wheel

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
5,633 Posts
@USSR, hang on more ideas will come in. Meantime---Welcome from Forney Texas. Consider clicking on the Colored Letter/Picture, top far right corner, go down to "Account Settings", click, and fill in your information. Especially your LOCATION and the year of your SSR, like the rest of us. Then go the the left side and click on "Signature". Also put the year of your SSR in your "Signature", and anything else you want to show in your posts, and we can help you better if you have a problem. When you finish click the "SAVE" box.

Click here for the "How To Library" https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=3ef39d9f5adce5e5&id=3EF39D9F5ADCE5E5!853

Also click on this link and go to Post #1 Help Us Help You---UPDATE

Then go to the "New Member Section" and introduce yourself. New Member Section

Nick & Kathy

·
Registered
2005 aqua blur 114k miles with the ball joint blues....bringing it back from the dead.
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, I technically have not recieved the car yet, still being shipped from WA to TX, just realized I should have posted this in the technical section. Really multi tasking right now, I'll fill out my bio when I actually get the car and breath a sigh of relief when it finally arrives.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would chrome vinal wrap the bars and mold the upper sword so it matches the other three below...but yes that looks pretty awesome:)

·
Premium Member
05 Ricochet. 3rd one for fun
255 Posts
Those two earlier pics require some significant body mods in the headlight area. With the skill, not very hard to do. I’m interested to see what you come up with. Welcome to the club!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Those two earlier pics require some significant body mods in the headlight area. With the skill, not very hard to do. I’m interested to see what you come up with. Welcome to the club!
I haven't received the car yet, but from experience is the outer cover made of plastic? If so, would grinding the sword bump down flat with the rest of the lense and then super sanding it down to 5000 grit, and then mirror polish, how would that look?

·
SSR Believer
2,806 Posts
I haven't received the car yet, but from experience is the outer cover made of plastic? If so, would grinding the sword bump down flat with the rest of the lense and then super sanding it down to 5000 grit, and then mirror polish, how would that look?
I believe the headlamp covers are polycarbonate. There's actually an indentation and "bump" to accommodate the spear, so not really an option IMO.

Automotive lighting Auto part Personal protective equipment Fashion accessory Automotive fog light

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
SSR Believer
2,806 Posts
Pretty much agree, may try grinding it down and making a mess...
The headlights are no longer made of course and used ones, especially the driver’s side, command a pretty high price. Rather than trying to tweak them you might consider selling yours instead and dedicate the funds toward replacements and some custom body work. Just a thought.

Most folks are perfectly fine with the headlights themselves. After replacing the halogen bulbs with HID or LEDs (a must IMHO) they’re very good lights. They’re pretty unique on their own.

I guess if you really dislike the spear that much, you’ll need to do some kind of customization though.

Me? I’d focus on the numerous other upgrades from places like Simple Engineering to make it run and handle better before tackling its already unique design. But that’s just me. ;)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The headlights are no longer made of course and used ones, especially the driver’s side, command a pretty high price. Rather than trying to tweak them you might consider selling yours instead and dedicate the funds toward replacements and some custom body work. Just a thought.

Most folks are perfectly fine with the headlights themselves. After replacing the halogen bulbs with HID or LEDs (a must IMHO) they’re very good lights. They’re pretty unique on their own.

I guess if you really dislike the spear that much, you’ll need to do some kind of customization though.

Me? I’d focus on the numerous other upgrades from places like Simple Engineering to make it run and handle better before tackling its already unique design. But that’s just me. ;)
It's not so much dislike, it's more of a custom builder thing...

1 - 20 of 53 Posts