Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2005 aqua blur 114k miles with the ball joint blues....bringing it back from the dead.
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Yeah I saw that, hmm not what I had in mind, I think thats a body kit from Ukraine? For the performance part, I got an 05 so I wouldn't have to worry too much about supercharging right away since GM made a major adjustment to the muscle car performance problem the 03 and 04s had, lucky for that...

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
5,074 Posts
One of the cool things about an SSR is it is like a blank canvas open to what you want to make of it. Be it custom, fast, or leave it stock. They are a great platform to do a lot or a little and still be a cool truck. @USSR What other ideas have you got you want to share?

·
SSR Believer
2,638 Posts
Yeah I saw that, hmm not what I had in mind, I think thats a body kit from Ukraine? For the performance part, I got an 05 so I wouldn't have to worry too much about supercharging right away since GM made a major adjustment to the muscle car performance problem the 03 and 04s had, lucky for that...
Our '05 has plenty of get up and go (for us anyway ;) ). Thinking more about improving the ride, handling, cooling, that sort of thing. Having added most of Mike's suspension parts and pieces, it's like night and day compared to stock. Cooling system is rock solid now too. Yours may already have some of the recommended upgrades. It'll be interesting to hear more about your adventures when it's finally in your driveway! (y)

·
Registered
2005 aqua blur 114k miles with the ball joint blues....bringing it back from the dead.
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
^^ what he said, since it is an LS2 motor, I was thinking of going old school on performance, cam, headers, bigger injectors, and find a real tuner with various stage upgrades. I like the truck pretty much the way it is, If I wanted to make it a show car, I would work on the front end as I said, not sure how to go, still like to get aftermarket headlights and do a major paint correction polish etc.

And then the Wheels/Tires Big Drag Slicks in the back, lol not really but close?

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
^^ what he said, since it is an LS2 motor, I was thinking of going old school on performance, cam, headers, bigger injectors, and find a real tuner with various stage upgrades. I like the truck pretty much the way it is, If I wanted to make it a show car, I would work on the front end as I said, not sure how to go, still like to get aftermarket headlights and do a major paint correction polish etc.

And then the Wheels/Tires Big Drag Slicks in the back, lol not really but close?
Just remember these things are heavy. They don't make good race cars/trucks because of the weight. I how ever would also love to do one in Pro street fashion. Narrow the rear end do a neat rear wing, laid down off the bed cover and a parachute hanging off the back. But knowing it is so heavy. I could not own one looking like that, knowing it couldn't run fast enough to need all of that. Nothing worse to me then having something that looks like it will run in the 8s but lucky to run faster then 12s.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 · (Edited)
So why are they so heavy??? I heard the retractable roof is over 500lbs...so that's a start.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
A full frame, the body is heavy with the way it is built. The bed is not a separate part but the cab, and bed are one unit. A heavy front inner structure also. I don't think the roof is that heavy as I have moved one with one other person. The front suspension is heavy because it was used on the trailblazer and that was also available as 4 wheel drive.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
In Post #2 I mentioned someone had done Mini head lights in his custom. I was wrong those were Mercedes Head lights I think.

·
Premium Member
2005 Chevrolet SSR manual transmission
876 Posts

It has been a long time since anyone had the rear wheels widened to the inside to 11" and then went with a 335/35r20 or a 335/30r20(kinda short) but I remember seeing an old thread about wheel mods & big tires. Aftermarket wheels are hard to find for these trucks, but if you could come up with something 11 or 12 by 20 it looks like there is enough room for a 335 given the correct offset with no body mods. Any bigger might require body or inner fender mods. 315/35r20 maxes out our 10" wheels, unfortunately.

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
3,507 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
They should make a model kit out of the black one.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts