Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got 3 different grill insert combo's to choose from. 1. Chrome on top and bottom red in center. 2. All Red 3. Black on top and bottom red in center. What you think? Close up of 2 & 3

Attachments

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt #11150
44,436 Posts
#2 all Red

·
Premium Member
2,186 Posts
:smile2:

Well, personally I cannot see much of a diff between 2 and 3. Of the choices you show, I like number 1 the best cause of the chrome. If it were me, I'd add the long top bar as chrome also.

That long bar across the headlites makes for too much overall RED........in my opinion.

But, you hold the title of KING OF BLING.............so can't wait to see just how it all comes out.

:grin2:

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,022 Posts
You forgot choices #4 and #5.
4. All of the above.
5. None of the above.

That said I know the new look is painted grilles and wheels but I like Chrome grilles and Chrome wheels. If you look at the old trucks they had chrome grilles or painted a contrasting color to the body color. Usually chrome or a cream color. Just me. Whatever turns your crank.

·
Premium Member
9,312 Posts
I like the black top and bottom option. Makes is look like a single red stripe, so a little less busy.

I would also black out the background between the grille spear and the hood emblem for a cleaner look.

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I like the black top and bottom option. Makes is look like a single red stripe, so a little less busy.

I would also black out the background between the grille spear and the hood emblem for a cleaner look.
Flash, might consider that, but the time I had matching paint and getting primer to stick an I would probably cry doing it.:surprise::ssr:ssr

·
Registered
66 Posts
I like the all red. With the spears and the "Chevrolet" piece painted red as well, I feel the monochromatic look of all red will give you a unique and stylish look to your SSR. The single red spear would still give the monochromatic feel, but the single spear would look like it is floating in the grill. As far as the other choices, sometimes less is more!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts