Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for suggestions on what rear spring to put in the truck..Just want a more level look..

Any Ideas?

·
Premium Member
9,312 Posts
If you can get rears separately, both Eibach and Ground Force rear springs will lower the truck 1.6"

Their front springs will lower the front 1" - very easy install, and really looks good.

Ray

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,062 Posts
Considering Lowering Too

Flassh said:
If you can get rears separately, both Eibach and Ground Force rear springs will lower the truck 1.6"

Their front springs will lower the front 1" - very easy install, and really looks good.

Ray
What brand springs do you have installed? I understand that Eibach claims that the ride is improved..... Hard to believe, but I want to know how much it changes with the spring swap and how it feels. I already know it looks great.

Thanks

·
Registered
124 Posts
Boosted I installed the ground force on the rear only. By doing this I got the ssr at a more level look. I still have a inch differance but it is not as noiticable. They also ride very nice.

·
Resident Rocket Scientist
11,997 Posts
Picture

I've attached a picture of mine with the Eibach rears installed. Still looking for a picture with the fronts.. Ride is more or less the same to a little better.

Ok - for some reason I can't seem to attach any pictures tonight. Will try again later.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Russr04 said:
Boosted I installed the ground force on the rear only. By doing this I got the ssr at a more level look. I still have a inch differance but it is not as noiticable. They also ride very nice.
So the front is still 1" loer than the rear? If so this is what I am wanting...

P

·
0 Posts
Boosted said:
anyone want to share some side shots of theres lowered?
K, here's mine with Ground Force (f&r). Also check out those Magnaflow bazookas...

·
Registered
164 Posts
physcoslaphead! Where did you get the gas filler door? Brand name and a part number or who did you puchase from. Thanks

·
Registered
893 Posts
Eibach's

Ordered my Eibach's today.....rear only.....$98.00 including drop shipping....from Eibach.......Not bad...........And 15 mins to put on.....and huraaaaah...... They have to be ordered through a dealer.....

P

·
0 Posts
slug said:
physcoslaphead! Where did you get the gas filler door? Brand name and a part number or who did you puchase from. Thanks
Slug,

I own an aftermarket sales and installation shop. It's an All Sales 6095PL, IIRC. It locks, which is a nice feature as people around here are stealing gas. About $90.

- psy

·
Registered
124 Posts
Boosted With the rear ground force springs I have exactly 29 5/16" at center of wheel. The front is stock and is 28 3/8". A differance of 15/16 if I did my math correctly. It does not have the jacked up look.

P

·
0 Posts
Ken,

Now that's what I call lowered! Hydraulics or air? Can you drive it like that or is it setting down when static. Did you have to C notch to get it that low? How is the ride? Also like the side pipes, do you have dual outlets on the other side too? That's the best looking SSR I've seen, congrats...

- psy

·
Registered
347 Posts
psychoslaphead said:
Ken,

Now that's what I call lowered! Hydraulics or air? Can you drive it like that or is it setting down when static. Did you have to C notch to get it that low? How is the ride? Also like the side pipes, do you have dual outlets on the other side too? That's the best looking SSR I've seen, congrats...

- psy
Thanks, it's air. No I can't drive it at that height the K member is on the ground. I can get it lower but I have to dig a hole under my car first. Yes the frame is c notched. I drive it 2" higher than it is, I think it rides very nice. I am pretty particular about that. The exhaust comes out only on the right side.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts