Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
whipple charger

Whipple superchargers will be ready soon. We have had it on our truck for fitting. You can contact me (Bernie for more details- Call 928-453-1744. )

Bernie Wadekamper

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
Just go to there website. They have some pics.

·
Premium Member
2,040 Posts
Whipple SC

I have a PT Crusier with a Whipple Supercharger on it and could not be more pleased with the performance difference or the product realiabilty. Adds about 100 hp to the PT and a lot of surprise to the local Camero and Mustang owners (not the deep breather versions, but the plain engine versions.) Especially when my wife was driving it.

The only problem I ever had was breaking a couple of belts at 6000 rpm. (My wife thought every entrance to the Interstate deserved at least 6000rpm ). But after I changed to a Dayton Belt, no more problems. :black:

·
Premium Member
2,040 Posts
Whipple costs

I don't know what it would be today, the cost in 2004 for the PT was $3298 for the supercharger and $750 for installation.

When I bought the '04 SSR last year, the first thing I did was call Whipple to see about a supercharger, but at that time one was not availabe. Had I known that one would be available I would probably would not have traded for the '05. I was able to trade for the '05 for $500 more than the MagnaCharger would have cost to install. :black:

·
Clogger fan
36,695 Posts
What is the difference between the Magna and a Whipple?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I was talking to my State Farm agent today (he's a car guy). He tells me that SF won't write insurance on a car with an aftermarket blower setup.

I too want a blower, don't know if I want to pay 7K for the Magnacharger, nice but very pricey for 100 HP.

The whipple looks like a good alternative. Also the twin turbo setup in the rear looks good.

I was all gung ho till the SF talk.

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
I was talking to my State Farm agent today (he's a car guy). He tells me that SF won't write insurance on a car with an aftermarket blower setup.

I too want a blower, don't know if I want to pay 7K for the Magnacharger, nice but very pricey for 100 HP.

The whipple looks like a good alternative. Also the twin turbo setup in the rear looks good.

I was all gung ho till the SF talk.
Nationwide will not insure the Supercharger, but the rest of my truck is covered. These are the "Go To Guys" for me.

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
Installed a MagnaCharger Supercharger on my 05 and what a difference it makes. The truck now has B_lls. The installation was done in my son's shop and if anyone wants one installed on the east coast give him a call at 732-249-8633 and ask for Eric.
Bob

1 - 20 of 25 Posts