anyone have them for sale ?

·
BlueStreak
26,922 Posts
white face gauges
any one done them ?
how hard are they to install ?
I know this has been mentioned before, but if you are looking for help, you should really go to User CP in the right corner below the banner and click, then go to the left column of the resulting page and click on Edit Your Profile
and fill in some of the information. Don't forget to go to the bottom of that page and click "Save Changes" then when people read your posts they will know if they are near enough to help.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
A little helpful tool on this site is the google search box. Try entering what you're look for and click the search button. You'll find a wealth of knowledge.

·
Premium Member
1,541 Posts
white face gauges
any one done them ?
how hard are they to install ?
I just bought a white gauge face from US Speedo. $129. They have many colors. you need to make sure you specify the correct year and Auto or Manual trans. The 06 face trans indicator differs from the previous years.
Installing the face is not to bad a job. Trouble I had was replacing the stepper motors, see my recent post. You just need to make sure you mark and photograph the position of the needles before you pull them. There are instructions included.
Dicktator has a great DIY for pulling the cluster.
You will also need new needles because the white ones won't show up against the white face. I bought red ones for a Silverado, Same needles just a few extra small ones. The tach needle on the SSR is shorter than the Speedo and new needles are both the same but work fine and you can clip the tach needle if you want it shorter. SSR specific needles are not available.
Greg

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
5,848 Posts
As Greg stated, US Speedo is the only place to get aftermarket overlays, or one of the many resellers that stock them.

I paint the OEM needles to change the color. I take off the white from the backside and paint on fluorescent orange, makes them much better with silver, white or yellow overlay.

Note that the aftermarket gauge face has a blue tint, cannot change colors of lights in the background.

Use some blue painters tape before you take off the needles, mark the 0 of the gauge with a thin mark, then lightly move the needle counter clockwise until it stops, then mark under where needle is laying. Take the tape off and transfer to the new overlay as a guide to show where to put needles again.

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
7,853 Posts
I got my gauge faceplate (from U.S. Speedo) switched to white a couple of years ago while switching out my stepper motors. :laugh:

A good friend Gary (river_rat) did it all for me at my house. He knew what he was doing (I don't!!) and the white contrast to all the black in my SSR was a great change for my failing eyesight. Afterwards he even verified the speedo calibration. :nerd:

Yes, it was well worth double the price as far as I'm concerned.

Go for it & good luck. :smile2:

==============
David :black:
images-39.jpeg

·
Ex SoCal Nut
9,806 Posts
I paint the OEM needles to change the color. I take off the white from the backside and paint on fluorescent orange, makes them much better with silver, white or yellow overlay.
Note that the aftermarket gauge face has a blue tint, cannot change colors of lights in the background.
The needles need more "Hi Lite" to be seen. Not so much Noon Day Sun, but, in the late afternoon. The stock needles will all but disappear. The numbers on the speedo and tach will be really hard to see. The next time the IP has to come out, I will use something like scotchbrite and scuff off the dark spots behind the numbers so that more light will illuminate the dials. You can also just paint the whole length of the needle facing you.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dicktator
i will be in fl. sometime soon no date yet
i would like to stop by and meet you would that be ok ?

·
Premium Member
617 Posts
I changed my faceplate to silver we also did stepper motors and red LED's. I bought my faceplate from US Speedo ($190) but I had to order a custom faceplate for the red LED's. I originally ordered the regular faceplate but it would not work with the red LED's.

·
Premium Member
617 Posts
I am not Dictator but US Speedo does as stated earlier in this thread. You must specify that it's for a manual transmission.

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
I was thinking they were only available with the cut out for auto transmissions. After reading this I revisited U.S. Speedo's website. I'm not seeing where auto/manual is an option. Am I missing something?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts