Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I came here & learned the term
" Permagrin "... I kept wondering why my cheeks were hurting. They were aching from smiling all the time & my throat was Sore from
All the ' Whoo Hoo, this is Great '
All the ' Dang, this is Fun '
All the ' Gawd you're a Beautiful car.'
And the ' I'm Lovin this **** '

So know that I know what to call that feeling I'm having.... please tell me who coined that term.

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,222 Posts
Permagrin? Well, it has been around for many years, long before the SSR came out.

Urban Dictionary - "Permagrin" Definition (best, there are many)
A long lasting smile usually caused by the frivolous feel after a great session of sex. A great partner is required to achieve this higher plane of sexual satisfaction. Accompanies lightheadedness, temporary speech impediment, being off balance, carelessness, blurred vision, and general sexual "outbursts" ".

Movie - 2009 - "Permagrin"
Storyline - After his most prized possession is stolen, a timid yet eager young man must confront each of his eccentric family members in order to reclaim what belongs to him.

Sunglasses - "Permagrin"
Perma Grin

House - Permagrin rental
https://www.carolinabeachrealty.net/vacation-rental-home.asp?PageDataID=55191

Permagrin: The Music of Justin Veatch By the Ivoryton Piano Factory & Friends

·
Premium Member
7,279 Posts
Hey "Dragon" I like that Urban Dictionary description best ... had a few of those back in the 50's in the back seat and front seat too in my 55 Coral and Shadow Gray Chevy. From 17 to 22 I had a lot of Permagrins. tennesseecozydog ps Couldn't find that word in The American College Dictionary (dated 1955) :ssr

·
Premium Member
1,542 Posts
?

Don't know (or really care) where it originated, all I know is, almost seven years later, I still get that 'Permagrin' every time I drive her or show her off to folks who've never seen one.
It's not just about the SSR driving experience, for me, either...the fellow SSR Fanatics:laugh: family we've gained keeps that grin on our faces!

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,222 Posts
This is the link to the start of Permagrin here!!!!!! Permagrin link beginning here07/09/2006
Well it's the first I can find !!!!!!!!!!! :grin2:
Good find, I searched a little but know the ones I found were way too new so that is why I started being silly with it. It's been a word used for many things but in our case it very well describes the feeling!

·
BAD BOW TIE
10,898 Posts
I have been here since December 2014 and it was here long before that. It goes way back.

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
3,317 Posts
But..... hdflstf stated: "Welcome from HB. It good that you already understand the permagrin concept" which could imply that he has used and or heard the word before... A very interesting trivia question!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts