Chevy SSR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 239 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,196 Posts
I know one of our members rick418cars (he rarely visits nowadays) also recieved one as an award at the Lansing Homecoming show.

I don't know if he still has it or if he sent it with the Americano when it left for Cali with the collector.
THESE WERE ORIGINALITY MADE AS A AWARD FOR CHEVROLET DEALERS IN 2003,THEY CAME WITH A LETTER FROM GM.THE DEALER I WORK FOR GOT ONE BUT WOULD NOT LET ME HAVE IT.I DID BUY ONE FROM A ANOTHER DEALER LATER AND ONE FROM MEMBER RICK418CARS.:ssr

So... now we know where Rick's went.:)

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
Mine is number 342...

I also have two of the limited edition posters: #81 and 278 - if anybody does a thread on those too...

·
Super Moderator
13,583 Posts
Mine is number 342...

I also have two of the limited edition posters: #81 and 278 - if anybody does a thread on those too...
Is that the SSR Sets The Pace Posters? I could look after that if it is the one you are referring to and we want it. I have #44 and #333. Whatever, I'll just start it and see if anybody cares!:lol

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,423 Posts
Deb, set up an auto-search on eBay. You never know what might show up. 2003 Chevy SSR Plaque desktop display signature series:eBay Motors (item 300371963250 end time Nov-28-09 17:26:54 PST). This one (#73) sold on November 28th--seller closed the auction before it went no more than about a day. I'm thinking they got an offer and sold early to grab the cash.

Although it looks like there were no bids, click on the "0 bids", then scroll down and you'll see that there was one for $125.09 that was cancelled when the seller ended the auction. I watched this and the $125.09 had not met the reserve price.

Ya know that's a damn good idea.....this is one item I would like to have with the LCC and ASC items I have. It would complete an item from each....then the rest I can sell off :eek :glol

·
Premium Member
9,196 Posts
Is that the SSR Sets The Pace Posters? I could look after that if it is the one you are referring to and we want it. I have #44 and #333. Whatever, I'll just start it and see if anybody cares!:lol
I think Keith is talking about the Concept poster - there was a limited run of 500, numbered and signed by the engineers.

·
Super Moderator
13,583 Posts
I think Keith is talking about the Concept poster - there was a limited run of 500, numbered and signed by the engineers.
I kinda thought it was something different from the sets the pace but I didn't think there were 500 of the others. I thought the others were much more rare. Didn't Sandy (turnheadz) bid and get one of those about a year ago?

Oh well, now there's a thread for the Sets the Pace posters too.:lol

·
Premium Member
9,196 Posts
I kinda thought it was something different from the sets the pace but I didn't think there were 500 of the others. I thought the others were much more rare. Didn't Sandy (turnheadz) bid and get one of those about a year ago?

Oh well, now there's a thread for the Sets the Pace posters too.:lol
Sandy got the original Artist's proof of the Set the Pace poster.

·
www.chevyssrbling.com
436 Posts
pewter desk item

Deb, set up an auto-search on eBay. You never know what might show up. 2003 Chevy SSR Plaque desktop display signature series:eBay Motors (item 300371963250 end time Nov-28-09 17:26:54 PST). This one (#73) sold on November 28th--seller closed the auction before it went no more than about a day. I'm thinking they got an offer and sold early to grab the cash.

Although it looks like there were no bids, click on the "0 bids", then scroll down and you'll see that there was one for $125.09 that was cancelled when the seller ended the auction. I watched this and the $125.09 had not met the reserve price.
that 125.09 bid was my bid it met the reserve immediatly but the auction was pulled in a matter of hours. i guess they got a better deal.:mad

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
that 125.09 bid was my bid it met the reserve immediatly but the auction was pulled in a matter of hours. i guess they got a better deal.:mad
SORRY TO HEAR THAT. $125 is a great price IMO. If another comes up, jump on it.

·
Super Moderator
13,583 Posts
Is this the poster thread or the PEWTER DISPLAY THREAD ?? I JUST CAN'T TELL :glol:lol:)
It's that lightning personality of yours ssrtruck. We all like you so much we just like making conversation on your threads.:lol
Besides, before you know it without the yakking you'll be bumpin!:lol

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
pewter

Jim I have # 403 I won it at the first home coming at Lansing 2005 three were given out . I put mine on the dash with 2 sided tape. It will stay there for ever . It will go with the truck. THANKS GM.

·
Administrator
8,202 Posts
SSR Pewter Displays

An email I received from Bob yesterday. :)

Good Morning Marc.

I thought I had a list, but the list I have is for the concept posters.

We made this not for an award, but as recognition and to commemorate the launch of the SSR for those who worked on it. In the past, Saturn had done this for many of their milestones, and we had a few Saturn folks on our team. So we took the idea, and ran with the two (top up/top down) models and developed he set. I think they turned out pretty good.

In general, the 500 went to the SSR team, and LCC employees. The Signature series vehicles received their respective number, and each of the signatories also received one with the same last two digits (112, 212, etc..)

We also provided our National Dealer Council at the time with one as a gift in their rooms, during a meeting. (not sure how many that was now)

As you know, we also provided one as a thank you to the SSR fanatics that attended the homecoming event.

I sold several with the Signature Series at auction, in fact received $1,500 for one in Arizona.

The remainders were given here and there to customers, etc..

I can assure you that their were only 500 made.

If I come across my original file (P.O., etc.) I'll let you know. I think I already I ILMed it however.

I do recall talking to Jim (ssrtruck). If I recall, he manages an auto parts store of some sorts in New Jersey. I talked to him, as he called Ed Peper (then Chevy GM) and asked for a catalog, since he did not get one. He was responding to a letter I crafted for Ed's signature that went with the final SSR's produced. I believe Jim bought the last Black one, I think. Anyway, I included a catalog and some other stuff in the package, and he was looking for one for one of his many others. The VME was a hoot. He left a message indicating he owned 5 SSR's, and if I recall, Ed did not believe it.

Bob Walczyk
Chevrolet Portfolio Manager

·
Registered
37 Posts
Ssr Display

I GUESS I WAS GIVEN THE WRONG INFO ON THESE,THE CHEVROLET DEALERS GOT THEIRS AT A DEALER COUNCIL MEETING,NOT FOR SALES.:ssr

·
Premium Member
9,196 Posts
Thanks, Marc

Once again, Bob comes through with some great background information. Didn't know till today that the signatories for the Signature Series received pewter displays with the same last digit.

·
Super Moderator
13,583 Posts
Hey Jim. From Bob's letter you can do a pile of deducing but won't know for sure who of these guys has which and as some were multiple signatories did they receive one for each one they signed on? My guess would be no. This is a list of signatories I extricated from my VIN Registry list.
This first group likely takes care of
#1 with GM Historical Signature #1
#101 Rick Waggoner
#201 Robert Lutz
#301 Gary Cowger
#401 Wayne Cherry

The second group is "quite" likely
#2 with SAE Foundation Signature #2
#102 David Treadwell
The other 4 Signatories all received a Pewter for #1.

* Signatories SSR# Title
Rick Wagoner #000001 GM President & CEO
Robert Lutz 1 GM Vice Chairman
Gary Cowger 1 GM N American President
Wayne Cherry 1 GM Design VP

Rick Wagoner 2 GM President & CEO
Robert Lutz 2 GM Vice Chairman
Gary Cowger 2 GM N American President
Wayne Cherry 2 GM Design VP
David Treadwell 2 Director, ASC Inc

Tom Wallace 3 Vehicle Line Executive
Kurt Ritter 3 Chevrolet Marketing GM

John Middlebrook 4 GM N Amer VP Marketing
Mark Reuss 4 Exe Dir-ArchEng&GM Perf

Wayne Cherry 5 GM Design VP
Tom Kowaleski 5 VP GM NAmerCommunicat.
Ed Welburn 6 ExDirDesign-BodyonFrames
Mark Trostle 6 President, ASC Inc

Ed Ivey & 7 SSR ProgMgr GM SVA
David Bjerke 7 SSR Chief Eng-ASC Inc

Bill Davis & 8 Dir-Design-GM DesignCtr
Harry Branca 8 GM ProgMgr-Sig-Series

Russ Clark & 9 ExDir Sales GM
Ted Robertson 9 ViceChair Prod Dev ASC Inc

Glen Durmisevich 10 SSR Design Mgr-GM Des.Ctr
Doug Ungemach 10 Chief Designer-ASC Inc

Bill Szkodzinski 11 ProgManuMgr-GM/GMVO
John Hrit #11 VP ManufacOps-ASC Inc

Bob Walczyk 12 SSR Marketing-Product Mgr
Mickey Sabol 12 ProgEngMgr-GM NAmProdDev

Satya Veerapaneni 13 Prod Launch Mgr-GMVO
Darwin Foster 13 Program Mgr-SpecVehActivity

Bill Lovejoy 14 VP GM NA SalesServiceMktg
Bo Anderson 14 GM VP W/WideMktg&Logistics

Mike McGinnis 15 SystIntegEng-PowertrainDiv
Sam Winegarden 15 Chief Eng-Prog Mgr SmBlocks

Mike Knox & 16 Chair-UAW Loc1618 GM LCC
Wayne McDonald 16 Plant Mgr GM LCC

Brian Fredline 17 Pres UAW Local 1618
D. Lee Webster 17 Personnell- GM LCCentre

Tom Stephens 18 Group VP- GM Powertrain
Tom Davis 18 Group VP-N Amer Product Dev

Jim Queen 19 VP GM N Amer Engineering
John Wiley 19 Dir SVA GM Perf Div

Don Ableson 20 Ex Dir GM NA SVA
Mike ableson 20 Veh Chief Eng GM Trucks

Glenn McMinn 21 GM Vehicle Performance Mgr
Diane Faulman 21 ProgPurchMgr-GM Worldwide

Dick Raymond 22 GM Integration Mgr-Gen.Ass
Tom Wilkinson 22 Dir-Communications-Chev.

Tim Olson 23 ProgPlan&Acct Mgr-GM SVA
Glen Pluhar 23 BodyShop Ex. Eng-GM VO

Michael Bardo 24 ProdDevTech-GM-LCC
Kevin Dawson 24 BodyShop Launch Mgr-LCC

Ari Kirsch 25 Senior Financial Analyst
Gregory Thompson 25 Cert. Eng. Launch Program

Good luck with this! :lol

·
Premium Member
6,286 Posts
An email I received from Bob yesterday. :)

Good Morning Marc.

I thought I had a list, but the list I have is for the concept posters.

We made this not for an award, but as recognition and to commemorate the launch of the SSR for those who worked on it. In the past, Saturn had done this for many of their milestones, and we had a few Saturn folks on our team. So we took the idea, and ran with the two (top up/top down) models and developed he set. I think they turned out pretty good.

In general, the 500 went to the SSR team, and LCC employees. The Signature series vehicles received their respective number, and each of the signatories also received one with the same last two digits (112, 212, etc..)

We also provided our National Dealer Council at the time with one as a gift in their rooms, during a meeting. (not sure how many that was now)

As you know, we also provided one as a thank you to the SSR fanatics that attended the homecoming event.

I sold several with the Signature Series at auction, in fact received $1,500 for one in Arizona.

The remainders were given here and there to customers, etc..

I can assure you that their were only 500 made.

If I come across my original file (P.O., etc.) I'll let you know. I think I already I ILMed it however.

I do recall talking to Jim (ssrtruck). If I recall, he manages an auto parts store of some sorts in New Jersey. I talked to him, as he called Ed Peper (then Chevy GM) and asked for a catalog, since he did not get one. He was responding to a letter I crafted for Ed's signature that went with the final SSR's produced. I believe Jim bought the last Black one, I think. Anyway, I included a catalog and some other stuff in the package, and he was looking for one for one of his many others. The VME was a hoot. He left a message indicating he owned 5 SSR's, and if I recall, Ed did not believe it.

Bob Walczyk
Chevrolet Portfolio Manager
Marc,thanks for sharing the great information from Bob W.!

:black: :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Ssr Display

HERE IS A LETTER FROM CHEVROLET TO DEALERS ABOUT THE SSR DISPLAYS.
FROM THE OFFICE OF THE GERERAL MANGER W.W. BRENT DEWAR
DATED APRIL 26, 2004
I hope you receive this pewter SSR as a powerf

21 - 40 of 239 Posts
About this Discussion
238 Replies
62 Participants
Scott 0168
Chevy SSR Forum
Chevy SSR Forum - where SSR fans discuss modifications, wheel & tire tech, performance and so much more!
Full Forum Listing