Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed one of the push pins at the bottom of the A pillar cover is missing.
Probably a Dorman part from AutoZone. So is there a part# or size I should look for?

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
1,682 Posts
I hate those Christmas tree push pins. They are hard to install, almost impossible to remove without breaking. I drilled all mine out to 1/4". Touched up the ho,es with paint and then used the 1/4" (7mm) push fasteners with the pin in the center.
Pull the pin push it in the set the pin to lock it in place. To remove just pry the pin up and the fastener comes right out. I bought a whole bag of them and use them to replace all the crappy ones where I can.
IMG_4245.PNG

·
SSR Believer
1,042 Posts
Bought one of these "Box 'O Fasteners" years ago. Has every imaginable size and type for all occasions. (y)

Great little trim remover set too:

·
Las Vegas Mob
1,350 Posts
The Auveco 19836 (per photo above) is the EXACT replacement for that retainer. Don't let the "Chrysler" designation fool you. The same retainer is also used on the fender liners and wheelhouse liners at the wheel opening lips and also on the door opening sill plates. As Texasbaehr has mentioned, I have also replaced the wheel opening retainers with a two-piece replacement for ease of removal.
Blast

1 - 8 of 8 Posts