Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,287 Posts
These are by GM, I don't have pics though, the dealer might have something to look at:

DOOR SILL PLATE KIT Satin 17800259 Chrome: 17800296

:seeya

·
Growing Older but Not Up
1,350 Posts
53wanab said:
Do these sills go over top of the stock ones or do you take out the old first?
they lay on top of the old ones & don't cover the entire sill, just the center area. They look nice, but they attach with double sided tape. For $120, I was was expecting something a bit more sturdy.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Sill Plates

big-daddy said:
they lay on top of the old ones & don't cover the entire sill, just the center area. They look nice, but they attach with double sided tape. For $120, I was was expecting something a bit more sturdy.

*****Like How......? All the sill plates I've seen install this way...The ones I had on my Viper SRT 10 installed this way......but they were polished stainless with etched logo........Think the GM units are the best your gonna get...... :seeya

·
Growing Older but Not Up
1,350 Posts
Whitewolf said:
*****Like How......? All the sill plates I've seen install this way...The ones I had on my Viper SRT 10 installed this way......but they were polished stainless with etched logo........Think the GM units are the best your gonna get...... :seeya
Don't get me wrong, I like them and the improved look, I was hoping they were a full screw down replacement for the plastic ones. They are one of the only things I've added that my wife noticed right away.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Screwed

big-daddy said:
Don't get me wrong, I like them and the improved look, I was hoping they were a full screw down replacement for the plastic ones. They are one of the only things I've added that my wife noticed right away.

*****Well get you a counter sink and drill some holes and use some stainless counter sink allen machine screws........where there's a will, there's a way..... :lol :lol :lol :seeya

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
I've ordered the chrome ones, I thought they would stand out a bit more against the black body :)

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
I also have researched door sill logo's but I also want one for my tailgate sill. Seems like GM wants a lot of money for sills. Anybody fine the answer for t-gate sill?

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Sill Plates

THE GM ONES GIVES IT THAT EXTRA BOOST THAT IT NEEDED. WITH OUT OVER DOING IT. IVE INSTALLED THE SATIN ONES ON MINE THEY MATCH THE INSIDE ALOT BETTER I THINK. IF YOU PM ME ILL LOOK THEM UP AT WORK ON MONDAY AND SEE WHAT THEY RUN AT COST PLUS 10% PLUS FREIGHT. IM THE PARTS MANAGER AT A GM DEALER. PLUS ANYTHING ELSE YOU MIGHT NEED. MIKE FROM AZ. PM'ED ME ABOUT THEM. BECAUSE GM SHOWED THE SILL PLATE FOR THE BED AREA. BUT I CALLED THEM TO FIND OUT ABOUT IT. WAS TOLD THAT THEY DO NOT OFFER THEM AS IT WAS A TYPO. IT WAS DROPPED BEFORE PRODUCTION STARTED. TO BAD....MARK :seeya

·
Jim-n-Tanya
1,354 Posts
Door Sills

I have also been told by GMPARTSDIRECT that they have a trunk sill that goes with it. As soon as mine come in I will post it. It should have come with the door sills I ordered!

Can't wait to see it!

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,598 Posts
Accessories too!

As most of you might already know I am "keep it Stock", kind of guy. However if you are a "Stock" ONLY person...

I believe anything that GM comes out with as an accessory that is designed to fit ALL MY (Model Year) SSRs then I feel it is 100% ok to get! i.e.
  • Retro Hood Struts
  • Custom Sil Plates
  • Wind Screen
  • Under the Hood Blanket
  • Soft SSR Storage Bags
  • Bed liner
  • Larger SSR floor mats
  • Any other future accessories that will be offered by GM!

·
Registered
500 Posts
Sills

I really would like to get a set of sill plates but can't make up my mind on bright or satin chrome.Anyone got pics of these?

·
Registered
374 Posts
RSSRTOY said:
THE GM ONES GIVES IT THAT EXTRA BOOST THAT IT NEEDED. WITH OUT OVER DOING IT. IVE INSTALLED THE SATIN ONES ON MINE THEY MATCH THE INSIDE ALOT BETTER I THINK. IF YOU PM ME ILL LOOK THEM UP AT WORK ON MONDAY AND SEE WHAT THEY RUN AT COST PLUS 10% PLUS FREIGHT. IM THE PARTS MANAGER AT A GM DEALER. PLUS ANYTHING ELSE YOU MIGHT NEED. MIKE FROM AZ. PM'ED ME ABOUT THEM. BECAUSE GM SHOWED THE SILL PLATE FOR THE BED AREA. BUT I CALLED THEM TO FIND OUT ABOUT IT. WAS TOLD THAT THEY DO NOT OFFER THEM AS IT WAS A TYPO. IT WAS DROPPED BEFORE PRODUCTION STARTED. TO BAD....MARK :seeya

I ordered the bright chrome sills from GM Parts Direct (they are still on order).

This morning, I go over to www.gmaccessorieszone.com and bring up the PDF brochure for the '05 model year. It's date stamped 09/30/05. Look at page 1, Interior "Door Sill Plate Kit - Satin Chrome, Includes 2 Doors and Tail Gate part # 17800259" It's the same MSRP as the Chrome sill kit.

I sent an email to GM Parts Direct to see if the satin kit includes that tail gate sill, so we'll see.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts