Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This wasn't even a hot day, but I got third degree burns from the gear shift knob!

Do they covers or replacements for these durn things?

:mad

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
I bought a light up flameball that was a pain to install but really cool when done. It lights up at night when you turn on the headlights. It was white with red and orange flames. ON black betty, a black knob with flames would look cool but probably burn your hands too! Guess we need to get a little mitten for our shifters eh? :seeya

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cruzned said:
I bought a light up flameball that was a pain to install but really cool when done. It lights up at night when you turn on the headlights. It was white with red and orange flames. ON black betty, a black knob with flames would look cool but probably burn your hands too! Guess we need to get a little mitten for our shifters eh? :seeya
That's an idea! Some cool leather driving gloves, where the fingers are bare.

Where the hell could I get one of those?

Just one glove! I could be just like Michael Jackson!

Well, except for the dating child movie stars bit! :lol

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
JeffDBFl said:
Try a motorcycle shop. :rolleyes:
Really? There's one on the way home.

That would be so cool! When I wave to people commenting on my SSR I'll have those cool bare-finger leather driving gloves!

Should I get a leather jacket to go with it? :lol

·
West Coast Pit Crew
10,185 Posts
Oh NO!!!

REBEL said:
........ :angel
Your killen me :glol :glol :glol

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
"Coming Soon from Chevy Mall"

SSR Oven Mitts, available April 1st 2006 :D :D :D

RickSSR :cool

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Third Degree! That is most serious. Still I'll stick with the stock gearshift. I mean the alternative would be to make them out of plastic. Ungh.

·
West Coast Pit Crew
10,185 Posts
Dougnc

dougnc said:
Well, of course I have a case of those in my bedroom. You really think I should put one on while I'm driving?

:lol
Nothing like practicing safe shift :glol :glol :glol

·
Registered
102 Posts
Try living near Chicago. I got mine in Feb and talk about frost on the pumkins on with the metal shifter. Now that it's summer that dam thing gets real hot!! Time for a different knob - leather covered?? My leather 6-speed knob in my C5 vert never got hot like this in the summer.

·
I'm not cool...
2,096 Posts
tea bag?

it probably wouldnt take much for a good leather guy to fab a cover for the ball :thumbs
I stuck my hand to my aluminum hearst shifter in 20 below weather (blew into hands to warm them up then stuck it on).
I bought a fuzzy one after that :flag

Attachments

1 - 20 of 29 Posts