Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Growing Older but Not Up
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its been three weeks since I took my SSR to the dealer because the top quit working. The dealer finally got the fluid in this week, found the leak, ordered the hoses and began the repairs. As of today its stil not fixed and they can't say when it will be ready. They indicated they may have to remove the entire roof assembly!
No offer of a loaner either.

I'm fed up with the lack of support that GM has for this vehicle :mad

·
Premium Member
9,351 Posts
Sorry to hear about your problems.

My top is back to working after trouble codes were cleared, but still issues to be resolved.

One of the hydraulic lines has a damaged outer casing from rubbing against the hinge mechanism, but continues to work.

The lines, seals, and fluid were ordered at the same time as we replaced the hinges in August of 04. The lines came in at the same time as the hinges, the seals showed up mid-winter, and we're still waiting for the fluid. I won't let them take apart a working top, and risk having it quit working because we lost too much fluid. The dealer apparently needs to return the parts if we don't use them fairly soon - kind of a catch 22 on this one.

I agree about the lack of support at the parts level - way below par, and somewhat ironic, because the assistance we get from Freezer and JimJack is way beyond what we should expect.

Ray

·
Registered
253 Posts
Wow, that sucks! :banghead The dealer I go to here in Missouri gives you a loner if they have your vehicle more than 24 hours. Get on there butt about it. Call GM and see how fast they get it done. Don't ask them tell them.

If they have mine over a week they had best plan on buying it back. If I'm paying the bills and taxes for it, I'll be holding the keys.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I would ask the General manager for a loaner and time line on when it will be completed , if you are not satisfied with his/her response then get hold of GM.

·
Growing Older but Not Up
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HD-Fatboy said:
Wow, that sucks! :banghead The dealer I go to here in Missouri gives you a loner if they have your vehicle more than 24 hours. Get on there butt about it. Call GM and see how fast they get it done. Don't ask them tell them.

If they have mine over a week they had best plan on buying it back. If I'm paying the bills and taxes for it, I'll be holding the keys.
I'm pressing GM for some results. I want them be be sure that someone who knows how to service the roof system call my tech and walks him through the repair so that its right. As for the loaner, its not my daily driver, so I'm not demanding one, but they haven't even offered, I'm using it as leverage to get them to give me an extended warranty at no cost, since this process has been so messed up.
I still love that truck, just missing it badly. I'd rather go three weeks without my wife, but don't tell :jester

·
Registered
189 Posts
big-daddy said:
I still love that truck, just missing it badly. I'd rather go three weeks without my wife, but don't tell :jester
Right now you have a good excuse to go to the shop and visit it, if your wife reads this post you might have a good excuse to go and live in it :lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts