Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
SSR Pit Crew
2004 UV
9,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to go to the post office this a.m. as I had not been for a few days. Drove the family sedan, turned left into a newly posted "exit only" :confused drive into the parking lot, saw an old pickup coming my way...stopped and he didn't! Ouch! Not too much damage to the Lincoln but his old '72 Datsun 1600 is not going anywhere soon :eek of course, under the hood with all the cobwebs and leaves he states there is a new radiator and engine among other upgrades... :skep Even tho accident on private property, he insisted on highway patrol report.

Local security responded immediately and the driver of the Slingshot :ssr that drives past my house every day was among the security staff...so, I finally got to meet the driver of that Slingshot. Her name is Bonnie and told her all about the TriState SSR Run to Laughlin in January. Gave her my SSRFanatic card (hubby came down in the SSR to the scene...cards in the SSR)...maybe she will become a new member...told her all about what a supportive group we are and how much fun we have with the runs :yesnod

The shakes have finally subsided from the accident. No injuries but the guy driving the other vehicle scared me...came out of the truck screaming ##$$%#$ at me...I mean, jeeze, :banghead I'm sorry...didn't know...and, hey guys, leave the "women driver" jokes alone, OK??? This is my first ever accident in 39 years :(

·
Thank You To Our Troops
19,853 Posts
artsmart said:
Decided to go to the post office this a.m. as I had not been for a few days. Drove the family sedan, turned left into a newly posted "exit only" :confused drive into the parking lot, saw an old pickup coming my way...stopped and he didn't! Ouch! Not too much damage to the Lincoln but his old '72 Datsun 1600 is not going anywhere soon :eek of course, under the hood with all the cobwebs and leaves he states there is a new radiator and engine among other upgrades... :skep Even tho accident on private property, he insisted on highway patrol report.

Local security responded immediately and the driver of the Slingshot :ssr that drives past my house every day was among the security staff...so, I finally got to meet the driver of that Slingshot. Her name is Bonnie and told her all about the TriState SSR Run to Laughlin in January. Gave her my SSRFanatic card (hubby came down in the SSR to the scene...cards in the SSR)...maybe she will become a new member...told her all about what a supportive group we are and how much fun we have with the runs :yesnod

The shakes have finally subsided from the accident. No injuries but the guy driving the other vehicle scared me...came out of the truck screaming ##$$%#$ at me...I mean, jeeze, :banghead I'm sorry...didn't know...and, hey guys, leave the "women driver" jokes alone, OK??? This is my first ever accident in 39 years :(
Glad you were not in the SSR!!

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Sounds like driver inattention to me on his part. At least you realized you were going the wrong way going in. He was probably more ticked about not paying attention. Hang in there. :flag

·
SSR Pit Crew
2004 UV
9,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cruzned said:
Sounds like driver inattention to me on his part. At least you realized you were going the wrong way going in. He was probably more ticked about not paying attention. Hang in there. :flag
Ed, I didn't realize I was going the wrong way...until he so very calmly :eek told me it was an exit only...rarely go to the post office this direction and never park in this particular lot...why today :cry There is no way he will ever admit he did anything wrong...like not stopping and he had plenty of time! Since the drive was posted, I will be held at fault (no citation) and can tell just from his attitude that he will make me and my insurance pay, pay, pay, one way or the other.

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Hang In There

Don't you just hate it when someone has to get so irate. I mean it was a newly posted only exit sign. Anyone could have made that mistake and that includes the screaming ##$$%#$ idiot. I'm sure you felt awful already. If you saw him and had time to stop.Why didn't he see you? I'm thinking he could have stopped also and avoided the whole thing altogether. Hang in there it's just one of those days and we have all had them

Not the best way to meet the Yellow SSR owner. But glad to hear that you finally did :thumbs

·
Premium Member
2,320 Posts
artsmart said:
Ed, I didn't realize I was going the wrong way...until he so very calmly :eek told me it was an exit only...rarely go to the post office this direction and never park in this particular lot...why today :cry There is no way he will ever admit he did anything wrong...like not stopping and he had plenty of time! Since the drive was posted, I will be held at fault (no citation) and can tell just from his attitude that he will make me and my insurance pay, pay, pay, one way or the other.
Randi,
What a bummer. Darn good you weren't hurt. He should still be held somewhat responsible, for not paying attention.

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
Glad you weren't hurt ,don't worry about the fool in the other car, sooner or later he'll get his :thumbs

·
SSR Pit Crew
2004 UV
9,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hotrodgirl said:
Don't you just hate it when someone has to get so irate. I mean it was a newly posted only exit sign. Anyone could have made that mistake and that includes the screaming ##$$%#$ idiot. I'm sure you felt awful already. If you saw him and had time to stop.Why didn't he see you? I'm thinking he could have stopped also and avoided the whole thing altogether. Hang in there it's just one of those days and we have all had them

Not the best way to meet the Yellow SSR owner. But glad to hear that you finally did :thumbs
My thoughts exactly! And while sitting there waiting for the highway patrol officer I counted no less than a dozen other cars coming in the exit. The Slingshot owner (security) didn't know it was exit only either...but the officer told me that since it is posted, I will be held at fault...even tho he actually hit me...kinda like backing up and causing a rear-ender, the person in the back is held liable. Whattayagonnado?

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,190 Posts
Similar to Basketball?

Here's how I see it..... Even if you were in the wrong place, the fact that you were stopped should be grounds for the other driver being at fault for "Failure to control a vehicle" and/or "Failure to avoid a collision". I'm sorry, I think a moving vehicle hitting a stationary one is NOT the fault of the person driving the stationary vehicle.... stopped, parked or otherwise. I'd call charging on this one.

I doubt if it would stand up in court...... :skep

Mike

Besides, verbal abuse is unacceptable. :cuss

·
Registered
579 Posts
Sorry for Your Accident

Sis,

I am sorry for your accident. I am glad that you are okay. It seems that you both would be at fault afterall he was moving and you were stationary. I hope that your insurance fights it. Maybe the guy will compromise.

Again, I am glad that you are okay.

Also it just goes to show that you will go to any lengths to meet another SSR owner :lol :lol :lol

:seeya E :seeya

Orange SSR :ssr

·
SSR Pit Crew
2004 UV
9,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am definitely gonna take the lumps here. This guy is NOT about compromise but I am surprised that when I spoke to my insurance company today, his had not contacted them as yet. Will get the Linoln repaired...$500 deductible...not so bad, $20 a day allowance on a rental (do I hear Ford Focus???) but good for 30 days. Lincoln shouldn't take that long to fix, damage minor but $$$ I am sure. They other guy, who knows...'72 Datsun can't possibly be worth much but it was his favorite vehicle (says he)...says he has a Bentley...bet he would have stopped if driving that. Anyway, no injuries, and that's the good thing, after all, says Tim, it is just a car. What a nice guy I am married to :angel

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
I did some Googling on the 72 Datsun 1600. These cars seem to have a following. I ran across one web page were a chap was making a WTB offer for a vehicle. He was willing to go anywhere in the world to pick one up.

Sadly, It looks like you have met a fanatic of a different breed.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Have you ever noticed that post office driveways are always complicated? It's like they think they need to impress us on how screwed up they can make the entrances and exits. They all seem to be this way, yet no two are exactly alike. I sympathize with you, artsmart! :yesnod

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
There is no drive way, or parking lot, for customers at the 95336 P.O.

Though the city has recently noticed this defect and corrected for it by making the street in front, ONE WAY! At the same time they replaced every third parking spot with a planter.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts