Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Daily Driver
8,949 Posts
It just says member under your name. If you're a supporting member then I don't have a clue why you're getting popup ads.

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt #11150
45,783 Posts
I am a LIFE TIME member. $100 ya no
You need to contact the administrators because they have not given you the lifetime membership. You will not get the adds once you are given the membership. It should show up under your name ?????

Reactions: Auggie Doggie

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,506 Posts
I am a LIFE TIME member. $100 ya no
I don't get any ads with "LIFETIME MEMBERSHIP"!! Did you just pay the $100 or has it been a while? If you just recently paid it takes a few days to show up. If it has been a long time contact Administration

Nick

·
Registered
201 Posts
I love this site! I am considering being a lifetime member but if I'm not going to get credit & have popup ad problems --- which doesn't appear to be the case right now, then what is the point? Thanks railroad guy you just saved me $100.

·
Premium Member
9,359 Posts
I love this site! I am considering being a lifetime member but if I'm not going to get credit & have popup ad problems --- which doesn't appear to be the case right now, then what is the point? Thanks railroad guy you just saved me $100.
Railroad guy is not showing as a lifetime supporting member or even a supporting member @ $25/year, which is why the pop ups are showing. If he has proof of payment, he needs to contact the administrators to have that sorted out.

You may have some ability with your browser to limit pop up ads. Most of us don't, and really appreciate that aspect of a supporting membership.

There are many other advantages to being a Supporting Member. One of them is that you can feel like you are contributing your share to keep this resource available to us. This is a very small group, with a limited opportunity to grow. If SSR Fanatics disappears or deteriorates because it's no longer economically feasible to keep it operational it will simply go away. We had major issues during a technology transition some time back. A further update on how the site operates might not be supported next time without strong financial support.

In fact, I see a lifetime membership as a detriment to the site. I think it should have stayed at $25/year in perpetuity to maintain cash flow. The sooner you pay the $100, the sooner you complete your 4 year payback period and start living here for free. I wish Motor Trend and Car and Driver offered lifetime subscriptions.

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,211 Posts
Another Pay Pal problem probably.

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,506 Posts
Railroad guy is not showing as a lifetime supporting member or even a supporting member @ $25/year, which is why the pop ups are showing. If he has proof of payment, he needs to contact the administrators to have that sorted out.

You may have some ability with your browser to limit pop up ads. Most of us don't, and really appreciate that aspect of a supporting membership.

There are many other advantages to being a Supporting Member. One of them is that you can feel like you are contributing your share to keep this resource available to us. This is a very small group, with a limited opportunity to grow. If SSR Fanatics disappears or deteriorates because it's no longer economically feasible to keep it operational it will simply go away. We had major issues during a technology transition some time back. A further update on how the site operates might not be supported next time without strong financial support.

In fact, I see a lifetime membership as a detriment to the site. I think it should have stayed at $25/year in perpetuity to maintain cash flow. The sooner you pay the $100, the sooner you complete your 4 year payback period and start living here for free. I wish Motor Trend and Car and Driver offered lifetime subscriptions.
:amen::amen::amen:

Nick

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I sent the administrator a PM last night. I just got this stuff again. I like the site so many good people and great ideas. My plan is to keep the SSR on the road a long time. This site will help me accomplish that. Thanks everyone.

Attachments

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,211 Posts
It is probably a very minor thing that once the administrators are made aware of it they will fix it quickly. I had a similar thing the first year I joined in 2014. I used PayPal and paid the $25 and they leave it open ended to renew every year automatically. I didn't understand that. When it was getting due to renew I liked the SSR so much and the site I decided to get a lifetime membership. I paid the $100 which is a real bargain. Soon after that PayPal automatically renewed my one year subscription for $25. I finally went in and deleted the auto renewal part but they never did return my $25. They said if I buy something they will apply it to that purchase but because of the hassle I don't have anything to do with PayPal anymore. The administrators on this site got my annual membership cancelled and my Lifetime applied and they did it very quickly. Good luck with your glitch. Just be patient. No better place to learn about the SSR and the family and the rally's and get together's.

·
My First Permagrin !
568 Posts
when i use my ipad i have to log back into the site , dont just assume you are logged in.
i get ads like that until i log back in.
$100 lifetime membership is the way to go.
i just wish my ipad worked like it used to before the upgrade to this site. :banghead

·
Daily Driver
8,949 Posts
Not being able to close the ads makes me think they're not coming from this site, perhaps luckstarclub.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,474 Posts
I will wait to hear from the administrator. Thanks for the help.
I am not sure but suspect the Administrators do not work weekends. If you do not get it fixed tomorrow I will try to help by sending a PM as well.

Reactions: Auggie Doggie
1 - 20 of 33 Posts