Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
We installed a new Kenwood system with touchscreen, Bluetooth, backup camera, Blindspot monitor, XM radio. It interfaces with the steering wheel controls and has Garmin navigation. We really like it.

One thing we discovered was that while low mileage is great, the hoses, belts, bushings and rubber seal are 16 years old and needed replacing or extra care.
Thanks! I had heard that the electrical system on the SSR was very touchy and installation of the backup camera might foul it up. I'll definitely go ahead and get one installed. When I got the R (mine is slingshot yellow) I had all the fluids drained, flushed, and refilled as well as the hoses and belts. New Michelins. New Katskins. Super tune. That's about it. Can't describe how much of a joy it is to drive!!!

·
Premium Member
2005 aqua blur
302 Posts
Check and see if the plastic radiator support has been replaced with the metal one and that the ABS heat shield and transmission cable upgrades have been done. These changes don't cost a lot and could save you from a problem in the middle of nowhere.

41 - 42 of 42 Posts