Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Super Road Rocket Pilot
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, that is correct. The problems on this site continue and NOBODY is taking ownership of it to solve a simple issue that literally would take 10 seconds to correct that directly affects my interface with this forum. Heaven forbid someone else have this same issue.........

Aug 1 I stopped receiving email notifications from PMs or subscribed thread replies. See here for some of the posts and replies - https://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/f8/account-issues-244921/

After a few weeks of being told it was my email providers problem I discovered the issues was related to a recently installed email interface this forum operates and installed after the move to Google servers.

I researched and provided the solution from the users manual of the Mailgun software to show them exactly what to do, just 4 lines of code, to reset my email address to allow the server to send me notifications again.

I have repeatedly sent PM's to Admns, started several threads, and sent general site problem reports through the "contact us" page. Most relies have stated they will work the problem, "escalate" it, sent it to the "techs" to work, or otherwise report the issue. Since the Autoguide support team no longer uses a "trouble ticket" to track and provide resolution to problems, who knows where this and other issues stand?

I have attempted to reach out to Autoguide and VerticalScope to see of someone, anyone, in corporate can assist. All of their "social" media pages, Twitter, Facebook, Corporate websites, etc are locked from any feedback. All they do is spew out articles and do not allow anyone to reply or post comments. The one site that I found that allows email interface has resulted in no replies from Colum Wood, the editorial director - [email protected] that has a technical problem reporting topic for the messages sent. I have sent 3, nothing returned or resolved. This is the only company interface I can find - https://www.autoguide.com/contact-us.html

There is no way to contact anyone with any authority to correct this issues directly, and all I have been getting for the past few months is lack of action or follow up. I am just getting fed up, maybe just had a bad day, but this situation is ridiculous.

Anyone that reads this and has any input, has a better idea, lives down the road from the Corporate office and has the time to visit, or knows a friend of a friend, or is on another Autoguide or VerticalScope website that has better support and can resolve this problem, please feel free to contact me or somehow help with this ongoing problem that nobody seems to care about ........

I know this place is not as popular as say the Toyota website is, but whomever is "controlling" it, I think 5 months of inactivity is enough.

Premium Member
@Administrator I have been follow this issue and it is really SAD that it can not be resolved!!! If it was a Computer dummy like me having a problem I would have given up long ago. Please help him out!!!!!!! Thanks

Nick

Registered
as is typical with the ssr site, you have to have a secret, top secret, need to know military clearance, 20/20 vision, h/w in control, never haad a speeding ticket, etc to enter.

Administrator
@Dragon2U This issue has been escalated to our techs. Unfortunately, we have no control over how the techs perform changes to the sites. All we can do is bump it with them, which has been done. I see you made a change to the email on your account but it was to another @cox.net email address. Would you have another email address that is @cox.net that I could update your account with to test it the emails come through for you? I understand how frustrating it is and apologise for the inconvenience.

Niall

Super Road Rocket Pilot
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
@Dragon2U This issue has been escalated to our techs. Unfortunately, we have no control over how the techs perform changes to the sites. All we can do is bump it with them, which has been done. I see you made a change to the email on your account but it was to another @cox.net email address. Would you have another email address that is @cox.net that I could update your account with to test it the emails come through for you? I understand how frustrating it is and apologise for the inconvenience.

Niall
Niall,
I hate to sound rude or ungrateful but...... your mentioning to test my email address yet again is a perfect example of the problem I am having with the support here. We both tested this back in AUGUST!!!!! https://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/f8/email-notifications-not-being-sent-pm-post-replys-244731/ Testing it again will solve nothing since you and I know it worked with another cox address months ago. The problem is that the primary email address I use is on the SPAM list in the recently interfaced Mailgun software when you moved all the data to the Google servers and added the program into the system. IT IS A MAILGUN ISSUE that a simple reset will correct as shown BELOW!

I am asking that someone in tech support be contacted directly so that they can understand the problem
or
That the trouble ticket be resubmitted with a topic similar to "Mailgun software preventing email address delivery, needs purging, instructions included"

I am not asking for a "bump" for something they think they already addressed and do not want to screw with anymore. I NEED PEOPLE in your organizatoin TO TALK WITH ONE ANOTHER AND UNDERSTAND THIS PROBLEM and that taking seconds to run 3 lines of code will remove the problem.

I am NOT in need of a site change, NO CHANGES of software is needed. Nobody needs to stand on their head, pull a rabbit out of a hat, etc..... This is a simple case of an email that was somehow flagged as SPAM, sensed by your recently installed Mailgun software, and now my address is being restricted from receiving future emails due to the system thinking I no longer want to receive emails.

I hunted down and read the Mailgun manual after being provided the errors as shown below, verified the problem with the data, and have been relaying the solution in nearly a copy paste format for months. Why if someone goes through all that should it take months to get action?

The corrective action I need is below. Since I cannot see the Mailgun software and see what list I am on, I am providing instructions on how to remove my email address from all 3 areas. Here, let me provide you the direct link to the user manual for Mailgun- - http://documentation.mailgun.com/en/...te complaint

Within the Mailgun software, to release a single email from an unsubscribe list you type in.....
DELETE /"domain"/unsubscribes/"address"

To Delete a single complaint for reported SPAM you type in

DELETE /"domain"/complaints/"address"

To Delete a single complaint you type in
DELETE /"domain"/complaints/"address"

HOW DO I KNOW THE ABOVE WILL WORK?

Below is the code from your server that proves the Mailgun software is PERMANENTLY blocking my address! This is only one bounced message, you should be getting these every day all day long from attempted notifications. From your server to my email address -

"severity": "permanent", ----------------------------PERMANENT MAILGUN RESTRICTION
"tags": [],
"storage": {
"url": "https://se.api.mailgun.net/v3/domains/mg.vscope.cloud/messages/eyJwIjpmYWxzZSwiayI6ImE3Mzg5OGIyLTMxZDAtNDRhNi05NDdjLTNkMTJkODc5N2ExZCIsInMiOiIwZmY1NmQ1MGJiIiwiYyI6InRhbmtiIn0=",
"key": "eyJwIjpmYWxzZSwiayI6ImE3Mzg5OGIyLTMxZDAtNDRhNi05NDdjLTNkMTJkODc5N2ExZCIsInMiOiIwZmY1NmQ1MGJiIiwiYyI6InRhbmtiIn0="
},
"delivery-status": {
"attempt-no": 1,
"message": "",
"code": 607,
"description": "Not delivering to a user who marked your messages as spam", ---------- STOPPING ALL EMAIL
"session-seconds": 0
},
"recipient-domain": "cox.net",
"id": "TIVYCMoXRrWEMxfBsQdRtA",
"campaigns": [],
"reason": "suppress-complaint",----------------------------------------------- REASON TO STOP MAIL
"is-system-test": false,
"is-test-mode": false
},
"log-level": "error",
"timestamp": 1536945570.066494,
"envelope": {
"sender": "[email protected]",
"transport": "smtp",
"targets": "[email protected]"
},
"message": {
"headers": {
"to": "[email protected]",
"message-id": "[email protected]",
"from": "\"Chevy SSR Forum\" ",
"subject": "Reply to thread 'HVAC Blend Door Calibration'"
},
"attachments": [],
"size": 2305
},
"recipient": "[email protected]", ---------- < I x'd out my address so I do not get spammed
"event": "failed"

Admins involved ...... I just need to find someone that can actually talk with the support staff to understand the issue. I cannot believe that nobody has an email or phone number that they can talk to someone directly with and I do not know why I am being ignored by the people that can correct the issue. I am sure the techs see the problem and just skip over it, why??????????

Ed
Philip
JB
Lee
Yung
Niall

Ret. Air Force
as is typical with the ssr site, you have to have a secret, top secret, need to know military clearance, 20/20 vision, h/w in control, never haad a speeding ticket, etc to enter.
Yep, I check most of those blocks...guess that worked in my favor.
My speeding ticket is over ten years old, guess it fell off their radar scope!! :laugh:

Might need to update your security clearance Mike P :grin2:

Super Road Rocket Pilot
Discussion Starter #7
Yep, I check most of those blocks...guess that worked in my favor.
My speeding ticket is over ten years old, guess it fell off their radar scope!! :laugh:

Might need to update your security clearance Mike P :grin2:
Yeah, it seems as though "customer focus" is something long gone. Man, what a PITA this crap is. SO much BS in the world now and nobody cares. I need to do upgrade something, that is for sure, not getting anywhere with what I have.

Today I received notification that a USPS package arrived at my doorstep at 9am. I was home all morning and just watched the wife drive off 5 minutes earlier. So I attempt to contact the local PO to tell them something is wrong and hopefully the delivery person can figure out where it is before something happens to it. Called 10 times, phone rings probably 30 times then cuts off every time. I give up and contact the 1-800 number. After hitting a ton of buttons in an attempt to contact someone I can actually speak to, I finally get in line..... an expected hour wait time. I keep the phone on while I do stuff in the house. After a half hour I continue to hold but send a complaint through email on the USPS the website. After another half hour I finally connect with someone, provide my problem and data. They state they see the complaint on the web form and I should have gotten a ticket number but they will put the complaint through to the local PO. I still do not have an email reply. Just minutes before I have to head off to work I decide to check the neighborhood to see if I can find it. Hate to loose a $300 item due to some idiot that cannot read. Yup, 3 doors down sits my package on a doorstep. I grab it and head to work.

Yupper, I need to upgrade something :crying:

I have friends in low places that can check on the ticket for you :grin2: Of course if you have any luck like mine it probably means you are on the most wanted list by now and they are hunting for you :surprise:

Super Road Rocket Pilot
Discussion Starter #8
I am happy to say that I found another link to corporate and sent in my issue, it was fixed in a matter of minutes!!!!!!!

Thank you to those from the corporate area I contacted today, I REALLY REALLY APPRECIATE the timely assistance!!!!

And I am sure the many others that read this forum will love the fact that I will not post about this problem every few days anymore :grin2:

ONE OWNER !!!!
I am happy to say that I found another link to corporate and sent in my issue, it was fixed in a matter of minutes!!!!!!!

Thank you to those from the corporate area I contacted today, I REALLY REALLY APPRECIATE the timely assistance!!!!

And I am sure the many others that read this forum will love the fact that I will not post about this problem every few days anymore :grin2:
:banana:cheer::banana:cheer::banana

Premium Member

Mike, Happy for you!!!!!
Corporate, We are PROUD of whoever fixed his problem. Just disappointing to the rest of our Family that the problem got BOUNCED around by different Administrators, for so long, that were unable to get it resolved.

Nick

BLU SSR
Thankful for ACTION

:amen:Tis the season for miracles , and this sure qualifies ! Too bad that the only level of competence is separated and protected from customers by level upon level of indifference !!! :ssr:blur:

Slingshot Rules!

Happy Days Are Here Again . . .

! :banana ! :cheers ! :banana ! :cheers ! :banana !

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
11 Participants
Hollister SSR
Chevy SSR Forum
Chevy SSR Forum - where SSR fans discuss modifications, wheel & tire tech, performance and so much more!
Full Forum Listing