Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(6).jpg

My handle is 46 Chevy for the simple reason in that I have owned a grandfather to the SSR since 1973-45 years.

I have attempted the above attachment, being new to the site, I don't know if I will be successful.

These photos are from about 6 years ago on my WI farm; it was a great setting. This truck is not restored, purchased for $250 and a $20 paint job in 1974, just very well taken care of and we were just awarded another First Place Trophy at a local show in Lebanon, TN.

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Well CONGRATULATIONS Archie !!! For you all that don't know, that was 1st Place at the Wilson County Fair in Lebanon, Tennessee ... judged the best County Fair in Tennessee.

Hope to see you and Linda at our TENNESSEE STATE RALLY August 14, 15 & 16. What would be nice, would be to get you and Go daddy's 56 Chevy Pick Up together side by side for a unique picture.

Again CONGRATULATIONS !!! 46 Chevy, especially from the Heartbeat of Tennessee SSR's.
5 :ssr's :silver: :yellow: :purple: :black: & Lady Di's 2 Tone :black:/White Diamond

ps we need a :blur: and a :blue: !!!

·
Super Moderator
13,943 Posts
What a beautiful truck!
Only one picture showed up but it came out great - you should post more of it.

PM me for picture assistance if you want.

·
Premium Member
5,879 Posts
Hey 46 Chevy. Send me a PM or email [email protected] with some contact info and I'll help with posting pictures. Hope to see you in Murfreesboro. Also welcome to the site. I started a Facebook page SSheaRt Beat of Tenn. Post on there if you are on Facebook.

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt #11150
44,506 Posts
Wow nice truck !!!!!!!!! :thumbs

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fb

I checked in on your FB page, I will email you later, involved in a big project of possibly publishing a small book with the history of gas stations where I grew up, Tri-Cities, west of Chicago

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Now, when do you want to install the removeable top? And, the enclosed bed in back? Well, regardless, welcome to the club and hope all your travels in the '46
will be pleasureable and safe. This is from NW Chicago where I tell everyone to DUCK coming through. Unless you are real fast. WSK

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
3,457 Posts
Very Cool Truck! I would also like to see more pictures of the truck! ?

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,395 Posts
Well CONGRATULATIONS Archie !!! For you all that don't know, that was 1st Place at the Wilson County Fair in Lebanon, Tennessee ... judged the best County Fair in Tennessee.

Hope to see you and Linda at our TENNESSEE STATE RALLY August 14, 15 & 16. What would be nice, would be to get you and Go daddy's 56 Chevy Pick Up together side by side for a unique picture.

Again CONGRATULATIONS !!! 46 Chevy, especially from the Heartbeat of Tennessee SSR's.
5 :ssr's :silver: :yellow: :purple: :black: & Lady Di's 2 Tone :black:/White Diamond

Hey Bob,
My caledar says it is Aug 21 and your rally is over already. I was looking for pictures. Did you make a mistake in your post? Or anm I looking at the wrong Calendar?

·
Premium Member
5,879 Posts

BOB did you breathe those land fill fumes again. Rally is SEPT.

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Hey Bob,
My caledar says it is Aug 21 and your rally is over already. I was looking for pictures. Did you make a mistake in your post? Or anm I looking at the wrong Calendar?
"Blue" your calendar is right ... NO, Rally is NOT over ... I made another mistake !!! It is SEPTEMBER 14, 15 & 16, TWENTY EIGHTEEN !!! Maybe I'd better resign my position as Grand Poo Paw :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: if I can't do any better than this.

I just reminded ELVIS (Rick Applegate) last Friday night at the Football game, he is scheduled for Saturday night SEPTEMBER 15TH 7:30 pm :smile2: :smile2: :smile2:

Thanks for bringing this to the attention of CNN News ... now we got it straight !!!

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Very nice truck! Congratulations!

A $20 paint job in ‘74 was a tiny fraction of the cost now. I’m nearing completion of a body off restoration on my ‘46 and for $20 the body shop would work less than 20 minutes on a single dent repair.

Can’t wait to see more photos.

·
Premium Member
5,879 Posts
I checked in on your FB page, I will email you later, involved in a big project of possibly publishing a small book with the history of gas stations where I grew up, Tri-Cities, west of Chicago
Hey Archie, If your doing a book on Gas stations you will, love this picture I have of a guy here in Murfreesboro that has 100's of Gas Station signs. We are trying to track him down.

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nice 46 Chevy. I have one too that has been in the family since '64. Drove it lots but needs some brakes and a tune up and it's ready to go. In safe keeping in my back yard. Cheers!
I like your truck, grille has been replaced and it has rare RH wiper

1 - 20 of 22 Posts