Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
One would assume you would have already removed the cargo lid. Otherwise, not very practical at all. Need to know how long the wheel base is on the bike (regular bike hopefully) versus motorcycle.

In my opinion, unless it is a small bicycle and you can lay it down and then pad the top from the bouncing cargo lid which would need to be bungie corded big time...........You're asking for more hassle than what it's worth.

Get a trailer hitch and buy a small trailer and you would be good to go.

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,370 Posts
Don't give up if it won't fit. Just maybe this will give you an idea of how you might make it work!!!...........:surprise:

~~~~~ 711088d1342568702-bike-racks-will-not-scratch-your-car-trunk-seasucker1.jpeg ~~~~~​

》》》 - Good luck with your project!! - :wink2:

===============
David :black:
images-10.jpeg

·
Daily Driver
8,941 Posts
I've carried a bicycle with the front wheel off, handlebars cocked and lid closed.

·
Georgia SSRers
1,008 Posts
Hi has anyone tried to put a bike in the bed? Will it fit with the front wheel off?
SURE IT WILL, you may have to take a HAMMER to it and BEAT IT INTO SUBMISSION ! ...:smash
SLAM THE LID and PERMIGRIN AWAY !

·
Premium Member
2006 S/C Silver & 2006 Pac Blue 6spd
1,015 Posts
Hi has anyone tried to put a bike in the bed? Will it fit with the front wheel off?
I’ve carried a mountain bike with the front wheel off and bunch of gear in the back.

... and then I spend the night diagonal in a sleeping bag, with the cargo cover down.

Tailgate tilt and a rain jacket were a great pillow.

- Robert
:silver:

·
Slingshot Rules!
72,671 Posts
Have you considered a Bike Rack that clamps on the Trailer Hitch in lieu of the Ball?

! :surprise: ! :cheers ! :surprise: ! :cheers ! :surprise: !

·
Slingshot Rules!
72,671 Posts
Bed space in an SSR ain't much. I think DOOPHUS may have the right idea.
It works for me although I use it very seldom on The Doophus.

The Bummer looks better hauling a bicycle but the Bike Rack fits both vehicles without a problem.

! :surprise: ! :cheers ! :surprise: ! :cheers ! :surprise: !

1 - 13 of 13 Posts