Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Jim-n-Tanya
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeap,
Home made............... I was just wondering how many liked it and I could possibly make them for under $200.00. I really need to lazer it instead but that would mean I would have to raise the price or have more demand for it. I am also looking into waterjet. Took about two days to create.

·
Premium Member
2,320 Posts
Wind Break

Too late for me. I have already placed my order with another fabricator, and expect it to arrive next week.

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
Do a search for Windsuppressr - a very popular product developed by another member - rhobbel -

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
SSR03 said:
Yeap,
Home made............... I was just wondering how many liked it and I could possibly make them for under $200.00. I really need to lazer it instead but that would mean I would have to raise the price or have more demand for it. I am also looking into waterjet. Took about two days to create.
Nice Wind Block...:thumbs

RickSSR :cool

·
Registered
6 Posts
To clarify, we do not spend THAT much time at the shop to call it our home. The "wind block" featured on Spongebob A.K.A. Jim's truck was built here in Austin at BD Audio Creations (www.bdaudiocreations.com) . This was our first one and was commissioned by Mr. Kelly himself. His "SSR" actually was cut with a router (a bit rough, but needed to have it ready for the Hooter's cruise, last minute, our fault) and we painted the inner cut edges yellow to give it the glowing appearance. Future models will be offered with any logo, any color, and can be cut to any desired shapes/contours.

The difference in ours is that it mounts to the outside of the seat bumper, by securely bolting through it. This keeps the panel from coming in contact with ANY painted surface, no need for padding.

In additions to custom cuts, and logos, we will offer lighting (L.E.D.), and plexi bending to get REALLY creative. Now granted the bent pieces may not be the best deflectors, but for the look, may go untouched. That will remain to be seen.

For a bit of an idea on our plexi work, check out our show car seats, 100% built at BD Audio Creations by hand. Well that and a few power tools :)

http://www.diald.com/Cars/2005/0905_cavalier/images/frontseat.jpg

http://www.diald.com/Cars/2005/0905_cavalier/0905_cavalier.html

1 - 12 of 12 Posts