Chevy SSR Forum banner

wind noise in cabin

3K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  neville Hutchinson 
#1 ·
I wish to purchase the wind suppressor kit ; 1. the one which fits behind the seats and also 2 ; the air vents in the tray area.
Any one out there with them or design so I could make them myself?.

#2 ·
Order from @HOT-SSR here’s the link:

#10 ·
Order from @HOT-SSR here’s the link:
Hellooooo @neville Hutchinson ! All the way from Cincinnati! So is it road noise you're trying to cure or wind deflection when the top is down? And also, what is your #2 " vents in your tray area"?
Hellooooo @neville Hutchinson ! All the way from Cincinnati! So is it road noise you're trying to cure or wind deflection when the top is down? And also, what is your #2 " vents in your tray area"?
Hi Firetruck, Thank you for your reply. It is the noise reduction I am looking for and I think I have the supplier's address so should get sorted in due course.
Cheers great service on this site.

#6 ·
@neville Hutchinson, There ya go !!!, ALSO----Welcome from Forney Texas. Consider clicking on the Colored Letter/Picture, top far right corner, go down to "Account Settings", click, and fill in your information. Especially your LOCATION and the year of your SSR, like the rest of us. Then go the the left side and click on "Signature". Also put the year of your SSR in your "Signature", and anything else you want to show in your posts, and we can help you better if you have a problem. When you finish click the "SAVE" box.
Also click on this link and go to Post #1 Help Us Help You---UPDATE

Nick & Kathy

#7 ·
neville, when it comes to wind supressors, you basically have 3 or 4 choices:
Mike at Simple Engineering sells the OEM style items
Florida Stainless, a sponsoring vendor on this forum, makes and sells the clear plexiglass style.
If you're not in a rush, used ones do come up for sale on this forum and on ebay every now and then.
And finally, there are patterns floating around on this forum if you're so inclined as to wish to make your own.

#12 ·
I was thinking about this thread today as I was jamming down the highway, radio blasting, exhaust loud and wind because top was down. Just lovin it. Never even ever thought about interior noise before. Just a grinnin!!!

#13 ·
You have gotten the feed back on the Wind Screen behind the seats I see. The Second Item, You can go to most any Auto Zone/ Home Depot, etc. buy one of the large Sponges that they have there, split it lengthwise down the middle and pop off the vent cover in the top storage area. Attach the sponge halves to the Vent Covers and reinstall. This will still allow the area to breath yet muffle some of your road noise. Hope this helps.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.