Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 04black SSR. I've had it back to the dealership for several warranty repairs to date. What started out as wind noise has turned into water leaks. They have replaced every piece of weather stripping, adjusted the windows, door jams
etc.
The windows still leak. Anyone had any water leaks?
They have also replaced the heater control head twice and it making noise again.
The have also replaced the drive shaft because of a tink. The tink is back again.
Anyone else having these problems?
Has anyone changed the programing with a dynotech or super chip computer?

Gordo

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
where exactly is the water coming in?

Mine leaked once after all the window aligning but it was a heavy downpour and driving at 65 probably wasn't helping.

Had the driveshaft replaced once waiting for new and improved one since the tink came back( do a search you will find lots of info)

The is a TSB on the heater noise(search)

·
Registered
97 Posts
water leaks

Ask your dealer if there is a Water Doctor guy in your area. Water Doctor is a national company that has highly trained tech guys in nearly every major city in the US and Canada, we have used them at our dealership for years and they have never failed to fix any water or air leak we have given them. We have not had a SSR problem yet but I will call them first when I do.

·
Registered
158 Posts
mine has been ok

Have not experienced any of these problems. I have not babied this ssr at all, and we have had a lot of hard rains lately. Every thing seems up to par.

·
Premium Member
2,285 Posts
Had my first and only water leak on the leading edge of the roof on both sides of the side windows. This occurred driving into a "parallel rain" storm with 50 mph wind doing 60 mph head on. I am waiting for a second occurance.

·
Registered
78 Posts
My 2 cents

On our Prowlers we have a great deal of leakage at times on some cars where the windows have not been adjusted to the max. What seems to work for a lot of guys is a little spray silicon on the rubber weatherstripping. It seems to channel the water away from coming inside because it is so slick the water is blown away before intruding. Just a thought to try.

Wally

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Wally,
That makes perfect sense. This is not my first convertible. I'll give this a shot.
How about the wind noise?

·
Registered
78 Posts
water leaks

Mine goes in on Tuesday for leaks on both side windows right above the door locks. They have their water and air leak guy in on Wednesdays at the dealership. The right side is more of a problem than the left but both leak. As for the wind noise Ray makes the Windsuppressr to reduce the back wind behind the seats and he states that putting one on will reduce the sound inside the truck as well. I've orderd one yesterday and we'll see how it does.

Wally

·
Las Vegas Mob
1,400 Posts
gschweickert said:
:mad wind noise&water leaks
Sounds just like my wedding night! :glol :glol :glol

Blast

1 - 11 of 11 Posts