Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Wind Suppressr is in, and Thank you Ray. It will get installed tonight.
No more Brylcreem for me, when topless. :thumbs

·
Premium Member
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Forget the Install tonight. It's on! :thumbs
So easy. It looks great, and actually suppresses the wind from the rear, when topless.

·
Premium Member
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Heavy Head

Keith,
You hit the nail on the head. You got me busitng at my desk.
Everybody wanted to know what the H*&# I was laughing at. I showed them.
Thanks for that one.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
re; Wind SuppreSSR

I have to say I also received and installed mine today. This was a sweet install and it looks great!!!! Thanks rhobbel :ssr

·
RUBY SSR
320 Posts
Installed easily

I put mine in the day before yesterday. It fits perfectly.

But I did notice some reflection from sun/lights ahead. Any ideas on how to cut down on the glare? I already wear polarized sun glasses.

Thanks,

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,194 Posts
Slight Distraction

I have reflections from mine too. I get a little out of the corner of my eye when looking right. It is just a little distracting, but I'm getting used to it....... Like a new set of graduated perscription lenses.....

Reposition your center mirror to the highest possible location and the view will be just over the top of the windsuppressr.

regards,

Mike

·
Premium Member
3,364 Posts
Your Exactly Right

Mike in AZ said:
I have reflections from mine too. I get a little out of the corner of my eye when looking right. It is just a little distracting, but I'm getting used to it....... Like a new set of graduated perscription lenses.....

Reposition your center mirror to the highest possible location and the view will be just over the top of the windsuppressr.

regards,

Mike
In a few days you will hardly ever notice the minor reflection. Your brain gets used to the fact its there and ignores it after a while. Get used to using your side view mirror insted of looking over your shoulder. :)

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Stupid Question(s) . . . .

How much do they cost ?

Are they an aftermarket product or purchased from my dealer ?

Is it something that someone with a very minimum of mechanical skills can install or does the dealer do it ?

I told you they were stupid. :rolleyes:

I love to drive, even in the winter here, with top down . . . . heater on full bore, if necessary. :)

Gary (WearyEagle)

·
Thank You To Our Troops
19,853 Posts
Just got mine in. I am so excited.
You know what has just moved to the Very Top of the Honey-Do-List!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
579 Posts
Be Safe

rhobbel said:
...... Get used to using your side view mirror insted of looking over your shoulder. :)

Guys,

Please be safe. Many drivers do not look over their shoulders and get into accidents. Please be safe.

:seeya E :seeya

Orange SSR :ssr

·
Premium Member
3,364 Posts
No Such Thing As A Stupid Question On This Forum

WearyEagle said:

How much do they cost ?

Are they an aftermarket product or purchased from my dealer ?

Is it something that someone with a very minimum of mechanical skills can install or does the dealer do it ?

I told you they were stupid. :rolleyes:

I love to drive, even in the winter here, with top down . . . . heater on full bore, if necessary. :)

Gary (WearyEagle)
In Answer to Your Questions The Price is $240.00 for the Basic WindsuppreSSR There are options like the 3-D letters and Thin Line Bumpers that cost extra. You can order from my web site and see all the options www.windsuppressr.com
It is not available from your dealer only from me or the web site. Installation is very simple especially if you order the Thin line Bumpers option. You will be very comfortable with the top down and the heat on when it gets cold out. :thumbs

·
Registered
380 Posts
rhobbel said:
In Answer to Your Questions The Price is $240.00 for the Basic WindsuppreSSR There are options like the 3-D letters and Thin Line Bumpers that cost extra. You can order from my web site and see all the options www.windsuppressr.com
It is not available from your dealer only from me or the web site. Installation is very simple especially if you order the Thin line Bumpers option. You will be very comfortable with the top down and the heat on. :thumbs
How does your WindsuppreSSR differ than the one Chevy offers?
And does the $240 include shipping and handiling costs?

Bard's '05 :ssr

·
Premium Member
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
DetTweety said:
How does your WindsuppreSSR differ than the one Chevy offers?
And does the $240 include shipping and handiling costs?

Bard's '05 :ssr
It is completely different. I have seen many of the ones that come with the SSR, if optioned, and do not like them. I am so glad I got the Wind SuppresSSR. It does install extremely easily, and had mine done with-in 20 mins. I am getting used to the reflectiveness it has, and my brain is learning it already. GREAT DEAL! :thumbs

1 - 20 of 44 Posts