Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Perfectionist
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have read several post, but have not found what I am lookin for yet. Maybe I missed it. Is there an adjustment between the handles and the indexing switches? Seems like my windows get caught a little when I open the doors. Especially from the outside. I have to pull my handles almost all the way out before the window drops. They both work fine up and down indexing. Is there a way to make them start sooner? was wondering?hmmmmmmmm. thx, D

·
Perfectionist
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I have read more post and Dicktators great info in the library. Still not finding what I need. My windows work perfect, seal perfect, no wind noise, index up and down, same on both sides. Except when opening from the outside, the glass just gets caught a little bit before it can lower enough. It lowers plenty, just not quite fast enough. If it would lower a split second sooner, it would be low enough to clear. I guess there must not be a way to make them index, quicker? ie; sooner in the door handle pull. just wondering. thx guys. D

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
You won’t find an adjustment to cause the door switch to index the window sooner during the handle pull. It’s just one of those idiosyncrasies you have to adjust for. I had to train myself to pull the handle, pause a split second while the window indexes, open the door.

·
Premium Member
2006 S/C Silver & 2006 Pac Blue 6spd
1,015 Posts
You won’t find an adjustment to cause the door switch to index the window sooner during the handle pull. It’s just one of those idiosyncrasies you have to adjust for. I had to train myself to pull the handle, pause a split second while the window indexes, open the door.
Agreed. I’m trained. I find it is kinda like the door handle on a Vette. On the Vette, it is squeeze rubber button inside the door handle slot and wait for it to index and the window pop the door open. If you pull, the window doesn’t index and then I’m told, “I always fight this thing.”

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,680 Posts
Well, I have read more post and Dicktators great info in the library. Still not finding what I need. My windows work perfect, seal perfect, no wind noise, index up and down, same on both sides. Except when opening from the outside, the glass just gets caught a little bit before it can lower enough. It lowers plenty, just not quite fast enough. If it would lower a split second sooner, it would be low enough to clear. I guess there must not be a way to make them index, quicker? ie; sooner in the door handle pull. just wondering. thx guys. D
Door Latch/Lock Module is actting up. 14 years old and every time you drive you open the door.

I have sent out 4 repaired Door Latch/Lock Modules in the last two weeks.

On SSR How to Library.

Dicktator

Here are some of the problems I see with Door Latch/Lock Module.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Mine acts up too. Sometimes it's fine the then it will just go bonkers every now and then. Gotta get in there and check it out one of these days.

Gotta kick out of Dictators 14 year old comment. Reminded me of my 14 year old niece. She's spoiled rotten and while she can be a little angle most of the time... sometimes she has the worst tantrums!!

·
Perfectionist
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I guess I will learn to just wait a split second before opening the door. I will have to train myself! It does it every single time, both sides. Truck only has 18k on the clock. I can get used to it. Maybe pull the door actuators out next winter and send them to dicktator for a tune up. D

·
Daily Driver
8,941 Posts
I keep hearing my truck does this or that and only has xxxx miles on it, like that's supposed to to make a difference.
NO, quirks are quirks, all vehicles have them. Mileage has nothing to do with it, like spouses, you learn and adjust.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts