Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having an issue with my "05 SSR with 80K miles" windows indexing since I bought the truck a few months ago. When the door is opened they will sometimes go back up before the door is closed. The left side does it almost always and the right door has done it a couple times only. Anyone else have this issue? I am new to the SSR ownership and still trying to work out the items on it that have been neglected since the original owner had it.

Really love this site, Thanks for any help Nick

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
Premium Member 2004 Smokin' Asphalt
50,217 Posts
Try this

"Window Indexing".
To set the window indexing, open the doors and lower the windows.
Close the doors.
Raise the window to the full up position and hold the UP button for a few seconds.
Lower the window to the full down position and hold the Down button for a few seconds.
Repeat on the other window.

Reactions: Jersey red

·
Premium Member
04 SSR
3,378 Posts
Try this

"Window Indexing".
To set the window indexing, open the doors and lower the windows.
Close the doors.
Raise the window to the full up position and hold the UP button for a few seconds.
Lower the window to the full down position and hold the Down button for a few seconds.
Repeat on the other window.
James
Slight correction
If windows are not indexing then you might want to lower windows AND THEN open the door
You might tear the door seals if widows don't index and you open the door with them up!

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,487 Posts
I am having an issue with my "05 SSR with 80K miles" windows indexing since I bought the truck a few months ago. When the door is opened they will sometimes go back up before the door is closed. The left side does it almost always and the right door has done it a couple times only. Anyone else have this issue? I am new to the SSR ownership and still trying to work out the items on it that have been neglected since the original owner had it.

Really love this site, Thanks for any help Nick
If it is intermittent it is most likely an internally corroded door lock mechanism. Make sure the internal arms that connect the handle to the latch mechanism are solid and adjusted beforehand though.

I repair them for $20 plus any parts, usually your issue is not parts related, just need a good cleaning and a lot of dielectric grease used to prevent future issues. Send a PM if you would like me to take it apart and look at it. If you are good with taking things apart and putting them back again you could attempt it too. Just have to be careful with heating and removing the plastic parts and resealing them again.

Dick and I have info on this subject, see here for mine - http://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/f5/door-lock-window-indexing-issue-repair-157210/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts