Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem with my drivers side window track. In the winter when the window freezes to the rubber and you open the door the track still moves the ½” while the window remains stuck in the up position (no movement). This makes the window fall off the track.

I have taken the door panel off and tightened / adjusted the window a couple times so I have that down. There is an epoxy or hot melt adhesive in the center of the window track that is not holding and I assume it is there to prevent this problem. What is the epoxy or adhesive to use?

Thanks in advance…

·
Registered
56 Posts
Not sure about the sticky stuff but

I use a silicon based grease on all the rubber seals - the door seals in particular.

It makes a mess of the glass for a while but it stops anything sticking to it!?

Another one to try is bees wax? I have used it for years to lube the seals on my diving suits - once a week through the worst of the winter should do it!?

Wouldnt it be easier to stay home in front of the logs rather than drive out on the snow?

·
Premium Member
2,320 Posts
Rubber Seals

E G,
Can you recommend any thing in particular for preventative maintenance, on the window seals, regarding our arrid climate, in AZ.?

·
Registered
56 Posts
same stuff

Again good quality Silicone Grease - something like Dow Corning MS4. Rub it in sparingly but often - keeps the seals for years.

Again from a commercial diving background we use the stuff on all rubber seals in helium atmosphere, subsea, welding habitats.

But use sparingly - wipe on, wait ten minutes - wipe off. and keep it off paint - doesnt harm it but makes greasy marks! - the only way to clean it off paint properly is to use denatured alcohol which will also strip the waxes!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts